Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bush1974

macrumors member
Original poster
May 1, 2009
Sorry if this has been covered, I searched but to no avail.

My problem is with my mobile internet. If I try and launch anything that requires internet connection, the swirly circle thing rotates for a while and then it times out or just doesn't connect full-stop. The funny thing is, if I then press home button three times(once to goto home screen, once to goto universal search and once to return to home screen) it then connects with no problem.
I have iphone 3gs 3.1.2 jailbroken with blackrain. It is officially unlocked and I am on Vodafone UK.
Please someone help as it's doin me head right in!:(

Shenaniganz08

Cancelled
Jan 26, 2010
Sorry if this has been covered, I searched but to no avail.

My problem is with my mobile internet. If I try and launch anything that requires internet connection, the swirly circle thing rotates for a while and then it times out or just doesn't connect full-stop. The funny thing is, if I then press home button three times(once to goto home screen, once to goto universal search and once to return to home screen) it then connects with no problem.
I have iphone 3gs 3.1.2 jailbroken with blackrain. It is officially unlocked and I am on Vodafone UK.
Please someone help as it's doin me head right in!:(

seems like its a common problem after jailbreaking

it seems like our jailbroken iphones have problems connecting to the internet, but once connected it works fine

I honestly don't know what is causing it, but I also used blackrain

bush1974

macrumors member
Original poster
May 1, 2009
Just a quick update:-
I restored my iphone and rejailbroke using the new redsn0w.
All is now fine and dandy! Seems that it was definately blackra1n.
Hope this helps other people.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.