Strange Problem With My 2G Iphone Please Help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MAJE5T1C, Nov 13, 2009.

1. MAJE5T1C macrumors newbie

Hi i bought a second hand 2g iphone that was dead though been droped i have taken it apart and reasembeld it so now its working WooHoo lol

Anyway like i say the phone works just fine no problems at all untill i snap the back case on i can press all the part in the iphone and nothing no problems but put the back on and the iphone just crashes and wont switch back on untill i remove the back then i have to plug the iphone in to the charger to bring it back on once on its all good again untill the back go's back on

So for me it must be a problem in the back cover maybe touching something and shorting out has anyone else had this problem and fixed it :confused:

Cheers

2. MAJE5T1C thread starter macrumors newbie

Just to let other people no i have fixed it

Right what it was is when you peal out the battery that is glued down some of the batteries plastic coating had split so the battery been metal was shorting out on the inner phone casing

So i just added some black tape to the underneath of the battery where the glue was and its all good now no more crashing :D