Strange problems with my Macbook Air

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by zerth, Dec 19, 2014.

1. zerth macrumors newbie

Hi,

Today I have strange problems when using my macbook air ant there are several of them :eek:

- All my contacts on skype seem offline , when I log on with my tablet I do get the messages that my macbook air doesn't get

- I have Safari and Firefox installed and they both behave the same way, asking certificates all the time. I can go to google but I can not access my gmail. It gives me the "website not found error message".

- My facebook log in page contains no pictures whatsoever, pure text.

It's kind of creepy since I need my computer for job/leisure and so on....

Attached Files:

2. joshlalonde macrumors 6502

joshlalonde

Okay, so I'm seeing things about unsecured network, etc.
    So a couple of questions:

1. Are you on public wifi?
    2. Did you set up the wifi in your house?

In either case, then there's a possibly huge problem. I hope you haven't been using banking websites or typing your passwords.

Someone else will have to detail what to do, but you'll need to provide a few more details.

First, check your router. If you don't know how to do this, then say so and we'll deal with it here. But what you can do in the mean time is check the router lights. Are they all green, or is there something red or yellow. Tell me what it says.

If there are no yellow/red lights, check your ISP. Contact them and see if there are any issues on your end. They may even be able to diagnose problems on your end.

Good luck!