Strange procedures on ordering mbp from apple online store in Europe

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by BurningCa007, Jul 6, 2012.

1. BurningCa007 macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I recently ordered a mbp from the apple online store in Europe and have been emailed that I must undergo some strange procedures like providing a scan of the bank transfer and a scan of a document that can be used to identidy me. The message also stated that if I don't provide these scans in 5 days I will have my order cancelled and be put on some sort of "blacklist."

Does anyone in the US have to undergo such procedures or is it only in Europe? Cause I mean they already took the money off the account and they could call me to make sure it is who it is and not enforce some wierd measures...

2. medulla macrumors regular

No experience with anything like this from the US Apple Store..

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I deal with Apple UK. This is NOT standard procedure. My best goes is that you may have ben scammed...Contact Apple, and DO NOT provide any further details until you speak to them direct. What country are you in? A list of numbers here:

http://www.apple.com/contact/

Choose the right location and phone them...Let us know how you go.

4. egraphixstudios macrumors 6502

egraphixstudios

what country are you in/order from?

and what method of payment did you pay?

If you took out finance then maybe they will ask for documentation.

Otherwise it would be best to call Apple directly and query then regarding matter.

5. keyben85 macrumors newbie

Never experienced that sort of procedures.
    I'm always buying from the online Apple Store in Belgium.

How did you pay?
    Mastercard/Visa/Bank transfer?

I would contact Apple by Phone if I were you :)

6. BurningCa007 thread starter macrumors newbie

Poland, and I ordered it from apple.pl. That seems like the real site and the url didn't change upon order. The email I received was from some euro finance apple and with the exact order number. I don't see how that could be a scam though I'll give them a call anyway...

7. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

That's best to make sure....speak to a real person, at least you will know you are providing details to a genuine company and not a bunch of phising scammers. Phone call = cheap...Scam =empty bank account.

8. elpek macrumors newbie

Never experienced that either. I usually order stuff straight from Apple Online Store in Poland (we don't have regular Apple stores here like in other countries) always paying by credit card without any problems and that kind of tests so far...

9. stuaz macrumors 6502

If the guy is buying via Finance if his credit rating is "not great" then they do ask for that kinda stuff. Although I agree best to ring them up and see what they say.