Strange Process on Activity Monitor

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Sireno87, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Sireno87 macrumors newbie

Hello. I have noticed recently my computer is seeming slow so I checked the activity monitor and it tells me something called "InkJet1" is taking up all the CPU power. I can force quit it, however it comes back. Where does this come from and how can I make it go away for good? I was not using a printer when it comes on randomly either.

2. simsaladimbamba

3. mmfortney macrumors newbie

Re: Strange Process on Activity Monitor

I had the same thing on my computer and it was running up my memory. I investigated further to find that "Inkjet" is tied to HP printers. Well I have a HP printer but it was not set-up correctly. It was running a process in the background with an idle printer.

The way I stopped it from running was to set my printer up correctly. In System Preferences go to print & scan. Then, I looked over the list of printers that were idle and deleted them. I went back in to re-configure my printer correctly and resolved the process issue. The Inkjet process was eliminated from the process list in the activity monitor. This resolved my memory issue.

4. simsaladimbamba

Just out of curiosity, how did you come upon this thread? The OP clearly had no interest for at least two months before deciding to not come back again, therefore how come a stranger registers several months later to reveal a solution?