Strange Question - Adding a Strap?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by iRabbit, Sep 21, 2012.

1. iRabbit macrumors 6502

Okay, on my 4S I had one of those goofy Hipstamatic cases that I used occasionally. I LOVED the strap on it (wrist strap).

That' s really the only thing I miss right now... Anyone know of good cases available for iPhone 5 with a strap? Or some accessory that allows you to add just the strap itself? I really wish the iPhone 5 came with the little popout strap attacher like the new iPod Touch...

2. Max Archer macrumors member

There are little stick-on things that you can loop a strap through. You could also consider drilling a hole in a case, or maybe looping it through the hole for the speakers/dock connector/buttons or something.

Cases with a strap loop will probably exist eventually. I know they're much more popular in the Japanese market than the US, you could try keeping an eye on http://www.strapya-world.com/ and see if anything shows up.

3. iRabbit thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks Max... I actually saw those little stick-on things and considered it.

For now, I bought a Belkin clear-back case which has rubberish sides. With a large needle I was able to thread my strap from my old 4S case through a corner of it. It'll work until I can get something nicer.

For me, the perfect case would be a classy snap-on leather one with hole for strap... I'll keep my eye out as more become available :)