Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DOUGHNUT

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 8, 2006
This is a very strange problem on my MacBook Pro screen. Recently, on my administrative account, whenever I log in, the screen would seem to jump very slightly making everything seem a bit blurry. It would seem as if the resolution has jumped out of its normal range of 1440 x 900. I know for a fact that this is not a problem with the hardware or my eyes because if I login to my guest account, no such jump would happen and everything is as clear as ever. I double checked the resolution, changed the resolution a few times, but I can't get the resolution back to normal. Anyway to reset it?

DOUGHNUT

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 8, 2006
This is a very strange problem on my MacBook Pro screen. Recently, on my administrative account, whenever I log in, the screen would seem to jump very slightly making everything seem a bit blurry. It would seem as if the resolution has jumped out of its normal range of 1440 x 900. I know for a fact that this is not a problem with the hardware or my eyes because if I login to my guest account, no such jump would happen and everything is as clear as ever. I double checked the resolution, changed the resolution a few times, but I can't get the resolution back to normal. Anyway to reset it?

nevermind. It seems as if my ctrl-scrollwheel view got stuck. Now it's back to normal.

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
nevermind. It seems as if my ctrl-scrollwheel view got stuck. Now it's back to normal.

Yep, that'll do it. I frequently zoom in and out of the page on my iMac to make sure it is zoomed all the way out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.