Strange Safari Behaviour

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by the vj, Aug 28, 2007.

1. the vj macrumors 6502a

Ok, lets see if some one can help me.

1. When I am downloading a document or anything from my Yahoo mail all I get is a document on my desktop that says: securedownload-1 . Then I have to change the name and format manually to get the actual document.

2. In one of my powerbooks, every time I open a new window in Safari, 2 windows in my desktop pop up! I mean, Safari open a new window and simultaneously 2 windows in my desktop opens infront of the new Safari window. This windows contains soem preferences, nothing specific. It seesm like a bug or something.

Any one?:confused:

2. wanda macrumors member

I don't have the answer but I'm having the same problem too. Everything I download no longer has a file name in either the download manager or when it gets to the desktop. They're all named "securedownload". Mine started doing this about 2-3 weeks ago.

Standard MacBook 1.8Gh 512 MB Version 10.4.10

3. TESEV macrumors member

TESEV

I'm having this problem too and have been emailing Y! about it. I'm just curious though; what version of Safari is everybody using? I'm using 3.03.

Also, anyone else who is having this problem should contact Yahoo! and get them to research the issue as well.

4. TESEV macrumors member

TESEV

wtf

Almost overlooked this one. Looks like you've got a winner there, heh. I have no earthly clue. Have you tried anything to see if anything changes like repair permissions or verify disk? Any other odd issues? Please expand, this is interesting.

5. kbass macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I think it is Safari. If you try to download a file with the extension .mp4 for example, it will take the extension .txt on your desktop. You can then change the extension and the file works as mp4, but it is a little bit annoying...

6. TESEV macrumors member

TESEV

Does it do that for any file with a .mp4 extension or is it from one site?