Strange safari issue on ipad2 (with ios5)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Dougm1970, Oct 21, 2011.

  1. Dougm1970 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2011
    #1
    *Have all my router settings right, i think...using opendns on a connection with a fast ping time (between 5-15ms on speedtests) and 8meg download and 3 upload.
    The speed of the net on my ipad2 isnt the issue, i.e. opera seems fine....but in safari an awful lot of times it hangs half way trying to load a page, it'll hang for up to a minute...but if i refresh the page, and this goes for any page, it loads instantly.

    Never happens on a google search...only happens when i click links to a site....and only in safari

    I am wondering could it be something to do with the new reader feature....which i really like btw, and my main reason to want to use safari as my main browser

    Thanks in advance for any advice.
     
  2. geekriot macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Sep 25, 2011
    #2
    I'm having the same issue. The iPad 2 supposedly has some wifi issues and so I haven't been able to pin it specifically on ios5. It is very frustrating.
     
  3. Pete the Geek macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2011
    Location:
    Sioux Lookout
    #3
    I'm also experiencing this temporary page load hang in both Safari and iCab on my iPad 2 only since all the iOS 5 updates (both OS and browsers). They freeze completely for a few seconds.

    I don't know if it's related, but iCab is now freezing completely on a secure website that I use all the time (a University eLearning site based on the Desire2Learn platform). Safari gets on fine (but is seen as a mobile browser which severely limits my use of the site). When iCab freezes, I have to kill it using the double-click home menu.
     
  4. Dougm1970 thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Oct 21, 2011
    #4
    i think...think...i may have got a solution for this.
    i have given the ipad a static i.p. - under settings > wi-fi > blue arrow on wi-fi name....i took note of the dhcp settings, then went to 'static' changed the i.p. to something a little different ...i.e. it was 192.168.3.5 and i changed it to 192.168.3.7 - subnet 255.255.255.0 - router (as it was under dhcp) - DNS i changed to open dns which is 208.67.222.222 - Search domain to the routers name.

    seems a LOT better now...perfect in fact...time will see how it behaves though.
     

Share This Page