Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

reykjavik

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 31, 2004
I was using a program that was chewing up all my bandwidth. When I went to facebook it started displaying barebones text and links. However, no matter what I do (even with full bandwidth) I can't seem to get it back in Safari. In Firefox it works fine. I've emptied cache and deleted all the FB cookies.

Anyone know why this is happening and what I can do about it?

I'm attaching a pic of what it looks like.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    50.9 KB · Views: 76

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
It is well-known that Facebook webpages wreck havoc with standards-compliant browsers. If Firefox works for you, then use it and get on with your life.

reykjavik

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 31, 2004
It is well-known that Facebook webpages wreck havoc with standards-compliant browsers. If Firefox works for you, then use it and get on with your life.

Yeah but FB has worked fine on my Safari for quite a while now. Why would it suddenly not work. It must have something to do with me accessing it under such low bandwidth speeds. Maybe the site switched to low-bandwidth mode or something and won't switch back.

lancehyde

macrumors newbie
Dec 20, 2007
Safari Cookies

Just go into Preferences - - Security - -

Down to the

"Accept Cookies" Section

Pick "ALWAYS" - - - -

This solved the my FB Issues.

[Hopefully this will work]

billmister

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2007
i would click and hold safari on the dock and click ... i forgot, you know to shut down that app. Where the little black triangle (tiger) or lighted circle (leopard) is lit and then once the app is closed open it again and try going to the same page.

If that doesn't work, maybe your using to much of your memory (possibly could happen) and a restart of the computer will do it.

If that doesn't do it, check other web pages that has to load a lot of things in, like http://www.bmwusa.com or something like that, myspace, who knows. If you get the same thing then maybe it's your internet connection speed and if you have a router, maybe all your resources are being used up and it takes a long ass time to load pages hence you getting that screen.

If that doesn't happen, type in mozilla firefox in google and download firefox and forget all your problems.

:D GL

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.