Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rosehiplatitude

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2015
I replaced the keyboard in my 2010 13'' Macbook Pro following the instructions on iFixit. When I tried starting it I didn't get a boot screen, just a flash of white and some odd color patterns that fade away (
). I checked all the connections to the logic board again and they seem to be secure. Not sure what I could have messed up. Anyone know what might be going on here?

danwestbrook

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2007
Surrey, UK
Would say its worth going over every connection and making sure there all in and connected 100%... also might be worth trying your old keyboard just to see if it will boot normally (just incase it something to do with the new keyboard). I think it looks like it could be a motherboard issue unfortunately. No harm in trying a PRAM reset too (https://support.apple.com/kb/PH18761?locale=en_US)

rosehiplatitude

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 26, 2015
Thanks for the insight. I tried a PRAM reset, no better. I'm figuring I'll just take it into the store.

macenied

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2014
I replaced the keyboard in my 2010 13'' Macbook Pro following the instructions on iFixit. When I tried starting it I didn't get a boot screen, just a flash of white and some odd color patterns that fade away (
). I checked all the connections to the logic board again and they seem to be secure. Not sure what I could have messed up. Anyone know what might be going on here?

Hi,

I did the same keyboard replacement a few days ago, MBP 7,1 as well. Looks like a problem with the display connection. If you did break the connector on the logic board Apple will ask for a quite high price for a new logic board. You may find a computer repair shop to fix the connector or you can find replacement logic boards on eBay for 250+ USD, if that´s the problem.

Good luck !

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.