strange screen problem with macbook pro 2.6

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thechidz, Dec 3, 2007.

1. thechidz macrumors 68000

thechidz

When I got my mbp last friday I noticed the yellowing screen issue soon after starting. There was also the fact that the screen didnt shut flesh with the base. I was actually going to ignore both of those problems but now my screen is completely messed up as it seems to have a wierd effect, kind of like being stuck in the infrared camera effect from photobooth all the time. This is very disheartening and I will be bringing it to the genious bar tomorrow. My first major dissappointment with an apple product comes on a $3k machine:(

2. Scottyk9 macrumors 6502a

It's not control-option-command-8 is it? (just a thought)...

3. thechidz thread starter macrumors 68000

thechidz

unfortunately no. It seems to be happening more frequently as time goes on... but sometime with a restart itll go back to normal

4. ibinco macrumors regular

ibinco

Man its sad to hear that Apple are still shipping ****** yellow screens. By now i hoped that they would have resolved the problem. I m awaiting the Pernyn Macbook Pro somewhere along the beggining of 2008. I had 2 ****** samsung screens before getting a perfect LG. Except now i sold that puppy and now waiting for the Pernyn :)

5. thechidz thread starter macrumors 68000

thechidz

ust got off long call with apple care. We reset the screen preferences and it seems to be working on the wierd effect problem but they said I could get it replaced for the screen not shutting all the way issue, which I think Im going to do. I have an appointment with the genius bar for tomorrow for them to check it out. Just annoying...:(

6. thechidz thread starter macrumors 68000

thechidz

looks like this is a problem with the OS ie Leopard. I switched the background screen and everything has been fine for the last half hour.