strange Shutdown

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Guensen0, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Guensen0 macrumors newbie

Hi,

my first thread...
    I've a early 2011 Macbook Pro running quite well. Half year ago my battery startetd to loose power and develop a very low capacity within a few weeks. I replaced the battery and this seems to be ok - regarding the capacity and working time. BUT, now - and also before with the old battery - I've shutdowns of the system when the Mac is running. Suddently the Mac shuts off even the battery has a remaining capacity of more then 60%. I already tried several things, battery recalibration, etc. but the problem persists. The shutdown often occurs when the Mac is heavily running (games, videos, etc.) and the fan starts to wind up. Therefore I also checked the fans, but they are running well and I cleaned the fans as well. Another thought was the graphic card. So, I installed a small program that could change manually the graphic cards, but the problem is the same (running either the integrated Intel or AMD card).
    After the shutdown I need to plug in the power cord - otherwise the Mac doesn't react. In most of the cases the systems battery is also resetted and the Mac looses the time and date - like you remove the battery.
    Has anyone an idea what could be the problem? Logic board? Thanks in advance...

Cheers,
    Stefan

2. poiihy macrumors 68020

poiihy

I've had this problem too, especially with the 2006 MacBook pro.

I think it is because the battery can't supply enough power, even though the system sees it has still 60% left. Probabaly your battery is going bad again.