Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jshort

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
Hey guys.. check out the top left of this screen shot. On occasion, I've seen this for about a second when I turn my iPhone 4S on and finally was fast enough to snap a screen shot. Anybody know what this means? It's quickly replaced by an AT&T logo..

Attachments

• ATT.PNG
    ATT.PNG
    557.9 KB · Views: 163

dffdce

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2010
Yeah I've seen that too. Not sure why we're seeing it but FWIW 310 is a United States Mobile Country Code (MCC) and 410 is one of AT&T's Mobile Network Codes (MNC).

TBONE72

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2007
Do you have your SIM card locked? I recently put a lock code on mine and now see the same thing prior to unlocking the SIM after a power-on. I think it's related to that.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
There's been other posts about this. For some people the MCC-MNC shows up for a brief second. This is the numeric carrier code for AT&T's network. Every GSM carrier has one (or several). The 4S, for some reason, takes a bit longer to look up the name of the network and replaces the MCC-MNC with the name (AT&T).

Stealthipad

macrumors 68040
Apr 30, 2010
There's been other posts about this. For some people the MCC-MNC shows up for a brief second. This is the numeric carrier code for AT&T's network. Every GSM carrier has one (or several). The 4S, for some reason, takes a bit longer to look up the name of the network and replaces the MCC-MNC with the name (AT&T).

It must only take this additional time in only some areas as I have never seen this come up on my screen.

diamond.g

macrumors G4
Mar 20, 2007
OBX
I saw it this morning after a reboot when my phone decided it didn't want to use a 3G connection. I knew what it was, but had never seen the lookup take that long before.

scaredpoet

macrumors 604
Apr 6, 2007
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.