Strange Signal Code from AT&T- seen it before?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jshort, Jan 6, 2012.

1. jshort macrumors regular

Hey guys.. check out the top left of this screen shot. On occasion, I've seen this for about a second when I turn my iPhone 4S on and finally was fast enough to snap a screen shot. Anybody know what this means? It's quickly replaced by an AT&T logo..

Attached Files:

• ATT.PNG
      ATT.PNG
      File size:
      557.9 KB
      Views:
  2. dffdce macrumors member

Yeah I've seen that too. Not sure why we're seeing it but FWIW 310 is a United States Mobile Country Code (MCC) and 410 is one of AT&T's Mobile Network Codes (MNC).

3. TBONE72 macrumors regular

Do you have your SIM card locked? I recently put a lock code on mine and now see the same thing prior to unlocking the SIM after a power-on. I think it's related to that.

4. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

There's been other posts about this. For some people the MCC-MNC shows up for a brief second. This is the numeric carrier code for AT&T's network. Every GSM carrier has one (or several). The 4S, for some reason, takes a bit longer to look up the name of the network and replaces the MCC-MNC with the name (AT&T).

5. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

It must only take this additional time in only some areas as I have never seen this come up on my screen.

6. diamond.g macrumors 603

diamond.g

I saw it this morning after a reboot when my phone decided it didn't want to use a 3G connection. I knew what it was, but had never seen the lookup take that long before.

7. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

8. ahfu25 macrumors 6502a