Strange Siri issue this evening. Any ideas?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by DCIFRTHS, May 24, 2015.

1. DCIFRTHS, May 24, 2015
    Last edited: May 24, 2015

DCIFRTHS macrumors 6502a

DCIFRTHS

I tried to use Siri tonight, and when I released the home button, all that happened was that the white circle at the bottom of the screen, well... it just spun.

EDIT: The girl I was out with tested her phone, and Siri worked.

None of my speech was typed onscreen, and no search results were ever returned. This happened for about 2 hours - I had anywhere from 2 to 5 bars of signal, and Goole Voice Search was worked fine when Siri didn't.

Tried rebooting the phone. killing all apps and disabling/reenabling Siri. None of these things worked. I also checked the Apple site, and there all services were green. At one point it just started to work again.

Anyone have any idea as to why this may have happened?

2. Shirasaki macrumors 604

Shirasaki

Apple Siri relies on the server, meaning that if server goes down or becomes unstable, then Siri might not be able to work properly.

I think this might be a server issue.

Don't trust service report published by Apple ;)

3. DCIFRTHS thread starter macrumors 6502a

DCIFRTHS

lol I hear you!

However I did forget to mention that the girl I was out with tested her phone, and Siri worked. I will update my OP.

I have an iPhones 5s, and she has an iPhone 4S -I'm guessing the phone model is not an issue.

We are both on AT&T. I thought maybe the route was down from my cell site to Apple's servers, but since she could use Siri, I doubt that was the issue.

4. Shirasaki macrumors 604

Shirasaki

If possible, can you connect to a network different from your daily used one? I mean, change another ISP.

Uh, yes, to test if Siri has such issue.

5. darkfiber macrumors 6502a

darkfiber