Strange Situation

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by frogger2020, Aug 7, 2008.

1. frogger2020 macrumors regular

I just got home from work and there was a package from Apple sitting there for me. "That's strange", I thought, "I don't think I ordered anything from Apple within the past year or so". I put down the mail I just retrieved and opened the box. Much to my surprise, it was a Macbook Pro.

Thinking that it was just shipped to me by mistake, I looked at the order form to see who had ordered it and then call Apple to ship it back to them. Would you believe that the order form had my name and address as the "bill to" and "ship to" sections.

"Wow", I thought, "there must be a huge mistake" (although my birthday is tomorrow). So I call Apple to tell them that I didn't order this computer. The gentleman in customer support informs me that, yes indeed, my name and address is listed in the "ship to" and "bill to" information. I asked him again who billed the computer and he said that I did. I told him again that I didn't purchase the computer and he said that as far as he can see, I am the owner. He said that maybe someone sent me it as a gift. I said maybe, since my birthday is tomorrow. He was unconcerned and asked if there was anything else he can help me with and I told him, no. He said have a nice day and hung up.

I am totally perplexed by this situation and things like this don't happen to me. I checked my credit cards (especially the one that is attached to my Apple account) and there is nothing on them.

What would other people do in my situation? I am going to hold onto the system until I hear otherwise from Apple.

2. LifeCerealRocks macrumors member

Whoops, I accidentally put your address instead of mine, can you send it to my address ;)

Congrats dude, looks like you have an awesome friend/family, enjoy the new MBP.

3. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

sounds like you ordered it in your sleep haha

might be a very expensive habit to be doing!

4. atluten macrumors 6502

What a nice present. An early happy birthday to you!

5. ProwlingTiger macrumors 65816

ProwlingTiger

I would...um do the Macarena in my underwear, blinds wide open, dancing with the MBP. Then post it on Youtube and hope it gets on Diggnation.

What? That's what I'd do. Call me crazy.

Then when I found my bank account $2000 less, I'd be preparing the eBay listing.

6. RainForRent macrumors 6502

RainForRent

This sounds spot on.

7. winninganthem macrumors 6502a

winninganthem

Epic win

Hahaha, what an awesome surprise. Macbook Pro's fall from the sky :D

8. SpookyLars macrumors 6502

9. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

So did your credit card get charged?? If not then just be freaking happy! :D

10. frogger2020 thread starter macrumors regular

Well, I spoke to several relatives, but no one said they sent me the Macbook (If they had, I would have returned it to them, too much money). I suspected that it was not a gift (besides the fact that no one in my family would have that kind of money to spend on me), because the "bill to" was in my name and address.

Apple couldn't charge it to me because the card that they have on record is two years old and is expired. Since I made a good effort to contact them and they say that it is my computer, I will hold on to it, until I hear that they want it back or I am billed for it.

11. FuuFuu macrumors regular

FuuFuu

well you see that is actually my macbook pro....if you would be kind enough to ship it to my address.