Strange sleep problem macbook - Help

Discussion in 'macOS' started by geek-inthe-pink, May 31, 2008.

1. geek-inthe-pink macrumors member

geek-inthe-pink

Okay. So this a regular white '08 Macbook, got it about two months ago (refurbished, but 2 days old when Apple got it). Has had absolutely ZERO problems with it till now. Running Leopard 10.5.3, all that jazz.
    The problem: when I just "shut" the lid of my laptop, the apple light turns off. Then, when I open it back up, the light doesn't go on, and even worse, the monitor is off. Pressing keys, clicking, moving the trackpad, pressing the power button - nothing. The only thing I can do is a total restart. I have had no serious issues just going to Apple > Sleep... although it is a little worrying that it takes like 10-15 seconds of keys pressed to wake it up... used to only need two or three.

HELP! I've searched all the forums, some kinda related cases, but nothing like this. Absolutely anything you know would really help!

Thanks so much,
    - geek-inthe-pink

(I love these forums, you guys are so nice!)

2. geek-inthe-pink thread starter macrumors member

geek-inthe-pink

3. gtimark macrumors member

My 2-month old MB has sleep problems, too. Unfortunately, they are not similar to yours. My MB cannot wake up from sleep gracefully if it's been down for >4 hours. I also must shut it down completely and restart by holding down the start button. Strangely though, from short sleeps, it awakens with no troubles.

Sadly, I can't offer you any advice, but I can commiserate. :(
    Good luck with yours.