Strange sound file on locked screen

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by sakura2, May 10, 2012.

1. sakura2 macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

Today when I picked up my iPad (which had been open but unused for a day), there was a sound file - with sound controls to play it - on my locked screen, where my notifications usually appear. It's the first time I was seeing this. I pushed the play button and it started to play a sound file that I do not have on my computer (actually, it's a sound file that I had never heard before). I stopped after a few seconds, and unlocked my iPad. I looked for the file, but I couldn't find it on my iPad. It had not been sent to me, and I couldn't find it open in any of my app. What could it be? Now I'm a bit afraid that this might have been a kind of malware... Would that be possible? I'm sorry if my question sounds ridiculous, but I've searched over the web for any kind of explanation, and I couldn't find any...

Thanks in advance.

2. ewilson6 macrumors 6502

When you press the home button twice on locked screen it brings up your itunes controls.

The sound file is located in your itunes library.

There is no way a sound can get downloaded by itself on your ipad.

3. Mikes2pads macrumors regular

Listen good. Record it and play it backwards. Maybe Mr Jobs has a message and chose you to tell all.
    With Apples huge riches they really should hide a message or a sound in one or 5 iPads that enable you to win a million and take a VIP tour of cupertino.
    I'm sure many droidees would convert.
    Cook , if your listening !