Strange status bar indicator

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by st2430, Mar 26, 2009.

1. st2430 macrumors newbie

Hi, During a recent trip abroad I suddenly discovered a new indicator on the status bar (see attached screen print), which I first believed was created by the fact that I had missed calls that I couldn't get the details of because I was abroad. But the indicator has remained ever since and I can't find a way to get rid of it. I'm using 2.2 with StatusNotifier. I've tried remove StatusNotifier but the indicator stays where it is. I've seen a thread somewhere that it may be caused by a similar program to StatusNotifier (forgot the name), but I haven't got it. Any suggestions please?

Attached Files:

2. Resist macrumors 68030

Okay so what does the new indicator look like (I don't see it)?

3. st2430 thread starter macrumors newbie

It's the small "bubble" beside the battery, containing a small exclamation mark (see below). I have no pending SMS, MMS, voicemail, or anything else that I can think of that needs my attention and that would cause this to show up.

Attached Files:

4. patdesignsinc macrumors regular

patdesignsinc

It means you are Solid Snake and you've just been detected by an enemy soldier. haha

5. st2430 thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry to inform you but I haven't a clue what Solid Snake is and probably don't want to know either. But I guess you were joking ...
    Anyone else who's got an idea what this can be?

6. quantumdeth macrumors newbie

Ya i know what it is.
    You didn't want your special someone to see messages you receive from certain other people so you downloaded iBlacklist from cydia, and that person you added to your secret address book in there sent you a text message.
    Thats what that little icon is for.........sinner:D

7. fenderbass146 macrumors 65816

fenderbass146

lol that was great. That brought me back a few years when i played mgs 2

8. siorai macrumors 6502

Do you have iBlacklist installed? I'm pretty sure it uses the same or at least very similar icon.

9. wilmer007 macrumors member

yeah i have iBlacklist and reminder and they are they best tools out there. Check anything and everything whenever you get one of those icons. Your missing something cuz i do and then when i find it, the icon goes away.

10. st2430 thread starter macrumors newbie

Many thanks folks! It was iBlacklist. I'm sick of receiving ads and this is what it was. I hope this removes me from the sinners list ? ;)