Strange thing to happen

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by sunking101, Apr 2, 2014.

1. sunking101 macrumors 604

sunking101

I've seen this happen a few times when I've done a fresh installation of iOS7.
    Last night I deleted the blob on my pc and downloaded a fresh copy of 7.1 through iTunes.

Once completed I was getting decent battery life. However, as has happened before, when I switched my phone off at bedtime and restarted it this morning, it was draining MUCH quicker than it was yesterday evening. It seems that switching my phone on and off has caused 'something' to happen. Any ideas what this may be?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Simple fix is not to shut the phone off, it seems unnecessary. If you put it on airplane mode it will save the most power (while on).

3. sunking101 thread starter macrumors 604

sunking101

What happens if the battery dies and the phone switches itself off? I'm often caught short with a dead battery, at least once a fortnight.

4. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

I've seen several of your threads, and I can't figure out..you seem to do a lot of clean installs and turn your phone off often, neither of which are necessary..

Too much fiddling can be as much of a problem as any other issue.

What iPhone model do you have? Perhaps it's faulty, causing some of your issues.

5. maflynn, Apr 2, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2014

maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

My usage patterns are such that I don't go to bed with a drained phone. Heck last night I went to bed and the phone was in the mid 20s. I turned off LTE and wifi and I woke up with the phone in the teens. Low but still not off.

If this occurring a lot for you, perhaps a battery case would be a good fit for your situation.

6. sunking101 thread starter macrumors 604

sunking101

I keep doing clean installs because I have a lot of problems with my phone. Repeatedly reading that nobody else suffers any of these problems leads me to believe that my issues are fixable.

I'm almost convinced that the problem lies with iOS7 itself but like I say, when the majority of people on this forum claim flawless performance with zero bugs, I keep tinkering...

7. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

But one clean install won't be different from another. Do you restore from a backup each time, or not from a backup? If not from a backup, then multiple clean installs won't change anything. If you do restore from a backup, then the issue could lie there.

Logic would say that if you are having issues no one else is having, the fault would not be in iOS, but with your device. I'd take it in for diagnostics. Describe the issues, the clean installs, and the fact that that does not solve your issues.

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

Can you charge it (even partially) more often during the day and perhaps overnight every night so that you don't run into the battery running out so often (which in itself isn't the greatest thing for the battery anyway)?