Strange .TXT File

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by sheppy1, Aug 16, 2010.

1. sheppy1 macrumors 6502a

Sep 8, 2008
    Hi guys, basically I installed what I thought was a theme from Cydia, it didn't do anything and didn't appear in Winterboard, it was a folder background theme called "FolderIconBG", I uninstalled it and that was all, just SSH'd into my phone now to do something and I found the Thumbnail from that theme that was in the "Screenshot" section of the package in Cydia and I found a strange .TXT file called "hookd.txt" when I opened it, it contained this info:

"fake bind to port 0, family=2, len=16
    getsockname port=52339
    fake connect to port 12150
    fake bind to port 0, family=2, len=16
    getsockname port=52346
    fake connect to port 12150"

Anyone know what it means?
  2. No ice please macrumors 6502

Nov 21, 2009
    I honestly have no idea what it means.. But I want to know, and what theme did you download?
  3. sheppy1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sep 8, 2008
    It's called Folder Icon BG, if you search that in Cydia it's the only result, it has about 5000 downloads and it seems to be from a trustworthy person (ZODTTD according to Cydia), it may not even be from downloading this, all I know is that, that was the only thing that I have installed in the last 24 hours and that txt file wasn't there yesterday but it was there today, there is also a ".file" file there too but that appears to be empty as it's showing as being "0 bytes* in size
  4. deew macrumors newbie

Dec 30, 2010
    I have the same hookd.txt file on the root of my iPhone. I don't think it had anything to do with that theme, because I haven't installed any themes and got it regardless. It might be dangerous, because, for me at least, it was accompanied by random resprings/reboots. I changed my SSH passwords and haven't had any more issues.
  5. frozenperl macrumors newbie

Mar 8, 2011
    PdaNet responsible for: hookd.txt and TCP port 2008

# grep hookd /private/var/stash/Applications.PwgAGK/
    Binary file /private/var/stash/Applications.PwgAGK/ matches

#lsof -nP | grep Pda
    PdaNet 14 root 3u IPv4 0xc0d722f8 0t0 TCP *:2008 (LISTEN)