Strange UPS route?

conklaven

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 10, 2014
So I live in Memphis TN and one of my iPhone's journey started in mt Juliet tn then continued onto Nashville.

I figured it would got straight from Nashville to Memphis. (Like a three hour drive.) instead it's gone all the way to Louisville. I understand this is their hub but what a waste of fuel.

Any one else see similar routing?

Steve686

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2007
US>FL>Miami/Dade>Sunny Isles Beach>Condo
Mount Juliet to Louisville. Arrived at 8:44pm on the 17th. Same as yours?

I have been tracking for 3 or 4 days now. It has always been in Mount Juliet til this point.

Maybe since it is Next Day Air, they UPS uses Louisville as a main air transfer hub?

powerstrokin

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
Louisville is a main hub for the region I'm sure. I'm near Indianapolis and my 6 is coming out of Louisville via 2-day air.

TJ82

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2012
UPS playin' wit you.

Jack that SOB, and get your dues son.

nightlove7

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2014
I'm in OH....mine went from PA to NJ back to PA and back to NJ a 2nd time....now sitting in NJ farther from OH.

bradl

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2008
I've had worse. I'm in Sacramento, and had my 3G go from PANC to KSDF, even though UPS has a west coast hub at KONT.

So mine went clear across the country when it could have gone to Ontario and then an hour flight north.

BL.

kds786

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2010
Tennessee
Most everything I've ever ordered that is shipped UPS will go through Louisville at some point. Same thing for things shipped FedEx going through Memphis a lot of the time.

mrpapageorgio

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2014
Not an iPhone shipment, but I've had probably one of the strangest routes on something I shipped through good ole USPS. I was shipping a textbook I sold online from one Chicago suburb to another Chicago suburb. The book went from Chicago to Pittsburgh and back to Chicago before reaching its final destination.

Udai252525

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2020
Fast forward to 2020, ordered AirPods Pro, and went Hong Kong - Taiwan - Alaska - Kentucky, and back to Hong Kong, while the destination was Princeton, NJ. It’s Tuesday evening, and it says that it will reach by Thursday, though seems unlikely at this rate.

Attachments

Last edited: