Strange UPS route?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by conklaven, Sep 17, 2014.

1. conklaven macrumors regular

So I live in Memphis TN and one of my iPhone's journey started in mt Juliet tn then continued onto Nashville.

I figured it would got straight from Nashville to Memphis. (Like a three hour drive.) instead it's gone all the way to Louisville. I understand this is their hub but what a waste of fuel.

Any one else see similar routing?

2. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

Mount Juliet to Louisville. Arrived at 8:44pm on the 17th. Same as yours?

I have been tracking for 3 or 4 days now. It has always been in Mount Juliet til this point.

Maybe since it is Next Day Air, they UPS uses Louisville as a main air transfer hub?

3. powerstrokin macrumors 6502a

powerstrokin

Louisville is a main hub for the region I'm sure. I'm near Indianapolis and my 6 is coming out of Louisville via 2-day air.

4. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

I also think this helps Apple coordinate with the shipping partners to avoid as much as possible, early deliveries.

5. TJ82 macrumors 6502a

TJ82

UPS playin' wit you.

Jack that SOB, and get your dues son.

6. nightlove7 macrumors newbie

I'm in OH....mine went from PA to NJ back to PA and back to NJ a 2nd time....now sitting in NJ farther from OH.

7. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

I've had worse. I'm in Sacramento, and had my 3G go from PANC to KSDF, even though UPS has a west coast hub at KONT.

So mine went clear across the country when it could have gone to Ontario and then an hour flight north.

BL.

8. appledes7 macrumors 6502a

9. kds786 macrumors regular

kds786

Most everything I've ever ordered that is shipped UPS will go through Louisville at some point. Same thing for things shipped FedEx going through Memphis a lot of the time.

10. mrpapageorgio macrumors newbie

Not an iPhone shipment, but I've had probably one of the strangest routes on something I shipped through good ole USPS. I was shipping a textbook I sold online from one Chicago suburb to another Chicago suburb. The book went from Chicago to Pittsburgh and back to Chicago before reaching its final destination.