Strange video & pic: iPhone went back in time (4.2 update)?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by css1323, Nov 23, 2010.

1. css1323 macrumors regular

I'm not 100% sure, but before I perform my backups and upgrades, I make sure everything is cleared. That means Temp files in Safari, I delete all the cookies etc. I make sure all pics are deleted too.

So, I did my morning run as usual. I had to stop and whip out my camera because I saw a bunch of contrails in the sky. Going from my Nike+ app to the camera was a little quirky, it's a bit of a strain on the iPhone I suppose. Anyway, I take a few pics and a video, that's it and then I continue on like normal.

I just now looked at my camera roll and I see some extra stuff! There's a pic that says "Misc." it looks like a placeholder. The actual file is just "MISC", it's not an actual pic when you view it on the comp. Never seen that picture before. Then I see a video I took ages ago! It's an old ass video, but it's very short. Apparently I goofed up and took a video of the ground. But the thing is.. it shows me wearing my old shoes, but there's no blue paint on them from the painting I did a few months later. It shoes my shoes nice and clean! I hooked up my iPhone and checked the properties too.. it says it was created on 06/27/10, modified today.

So, guys.. what happened? I guess bits and pieces of old data are still on my iPhone and I guess switching from my Nike app to the cam kind of confused it. Just found this really weird, never happened before. Hope this wasn't too long or boring! Thoughts anyone? :confused:

[​IMG]

2. css1323 thread starter macrumors regular

3. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

The only time this ever happened to me was when my previous backup was corrupted. Did a clean wipe/update but when I went back to sync, using the corrupted backup, my camera roll showed 80+ pics that were "there" but really weren't. Ultimately, I had to start over and set the phone up as new to clear out whatever it was that had corrupted the backup.

Also, if you're on 4.2 now then you also need to update your sig too :D

4. css1323 thread starter macrumors regular

5. eshroom macrumors 6502

Happened to me when I was changing iPhones, was very annoying, not sure if it was the name change or what.

6. DirtySocks85 macrumors 65816

DirtySocks85

The only time my iPhone did this was when I gave it to a strangely dressed man who stepped into a blue telephone booth labeled "Police Box", who knows what would have happened to it if I had given it to that kid in the Delorean with flaming tires.