Strange Websites on Springboard

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rje, Oct 27, 2008.

1. rje macrumors regular

Lately websites have started to appear on my springboard. I have had no hand in this. They are all the same site www.dezigne999.com. I keep deleting them, but they reappear. They have no icon. I see them if I hold down an icon and all the X's appear over icons. I have a bunch of X's with no icons, but they are all links to this site.

Has anyone experienced this?

2. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

Wow spooky.... :eek:

What's the website? I don't wanna click on it for fear of malicious software infesting my drives.

3. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

Oh geez. You posting it again really changed my mind.... :rolleyes:

4. rje thread starter macrumors regular

Does anyone know what this is all about. I appreciate all your astonishment, but that's not why I posted.

5. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

Perhaps you could answer the question that was posed in the first reply.

With a little supplemental info, somebody may be able to figure it out.

6. rje thread starter macrumors regular

I posted the website in my first post. Wasn't that the question you say wasn't answered. I then reposted it.

7. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

Isn't www.dezign999.com a jailbreak site? Like that was the repo that had themes for applications like TTR.

8. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 603

Knowlege Bomb

I guess if it's not in the first line of a post you just figure it's not important enough to read huh?

9. rje thread starter macrumors regular

I think you're right.

10. fishmoose macrumors 68000

Have you jailbroken your device? If so it might be some funny programmer messing with you.
    The best thing would probably be a restore, i know it sucks but it will fix your problem!

Good luck and keep us posted on the problem!

11. rje thread starter macrumors regular

It's jailbroken. It's a two day old replacement phone from the Apple store. I had the same issue on the phone I gave back.

12. fishmoose macrumors 68000

Did you jailbroke it the same way as the phone you got replaced? if so the tool your using is probably not as honest as it should be.
    Try to restore and use a know app for jailbreak.

13. milani macrumors 68000

milani

Maybe it's my imagination, but this (rather, something like this) literally just happened to me about 10 minutes ago. I had just installed the Google Earth App, and I was on the computer at school (where I'm typing this from), and I looked down to see if Google Earth was done installing, and some weird black screen had taken over my phone and there was a large orange bubble font of sorts. I wish I had the foresight to take a screen shot but I instantly hit the home screen a bunch of times and it disappeared. I don't know if this is related to this thread at all - but it was pretty weird nonetheless. Oh and I never jailbroke. I do however, have a ton of applications...

14. rje thread starter macrumors regular

Both phones were jailbroken using Quickpwn. It's the only way right now. Well the only way I would ever do it. I'm not going to restore. I will only jailbreak it again.

15. fishmoose macrumors 68000

yeah if it's not the jailbreak then it must be an app from the app store, are there some app that you had on both phones that you can relate to this problem?