Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chrismd465

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 28, 2009
I'm using a 2.4 gHz Macbook, model 4,1, purchased in late July of 2008. Up until this past week, I have not had any issues with it whatsoever. Unfortunately, since returning home from college on spring break, I have occasionally had some wifi issues on out home network.

Previously, my Macbook would connect-and stay connected- flawlessly to the network. This week, I have occasionally encountered a wifi issue while using the laptop in which the airport indicator still shows full signal strength but will not load pages. I must turn off the airport card and turn it back on, at which point the wifi connection will work fine once again. I have made no significant changes to the software of the system in the past week. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Chris

iJimmy

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2008
I thought it was only me but I have been experiencing the same problem.
Everything was fine until a few weeks after I updated to 10.5.6. Hopefully they fix it in the next update.

For now my solution is to click the airport icon in the menubar whenever your connection hangs.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.