Strange wifi issue

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by pressdpm, Aug 2, 2012.

1. pressdpm macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have a strange wifi problem with my iPhone 4.

I can't connect to my home wifi. I have 3 other macs and two other iphones in the house and they all work.
    The strange thing is that when I start a call the wifi goes to full and then the second i end the call it goes off!

I have tried resetting network settings etc. Even done a full restore and reset router (apple)

Any ideas?

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

How does your iPhone behave with other Wi-Fi networks? If it only has issues with your network, even though the other devices do not, it would appear that the issue is still unique to the environment where the iPhone is used. You should move around your house and see if there are particular locations where you cannot connect or otherwise don't see the network. If you can identify such locations, screen for possible sources of wireless interference, or consider changing the channel/radio mode of your AirPort base station to allow for better performance. Also consider looking for firmware updates for the base station, this is done through AirPort Utility.

3. pressdpm thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply.

It's weird as it's worked for a year with the airport. We had a powercut and everyone else's devices worked again but mine only joins wifi when I'm making a call.