Strange WiFi issue.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tadros86, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Tadros86 macrumors 6502

Tadros86

So I've had my iPhone 5 since Monday, and I LOVE IT! The Wifi has been blazing fast, as well as the LTE, but there seems to be a strange problem when I turn WiFi off. When I switch it back on, it says it's connected, but nothing works. I then am forced to turn off my iPhone and turn it back on, and then the WiFi works perfectly again. Could this be a software problem, I doubt it's hardware if it's working fine until I toggle that setting switch.

Has anyone else had this same problem?

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

Have you tried resetting the network settings on your phone and then adding them again?

3. mac.fanatic macrumors 6502

It's possible it may be a software issue. I have an iPod Touch 4th Generation and after updating to iOS 6, I have experienced the same thing. It happens about once a week. Hopefully this is something that will be sorted out in updates.

4. chibri macrumors newbie

Same thing been happening to me too.... Since it works for a while then stops (unless you turn wifi off and on), I am also guessing software related and I am awaiting the update.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Its driving me nuts.
    It happens like 2-3 times a day with me and turning wifi off and on again doesnt make a difference.
    Sucks.

6. Tadros86 thread starter macrumors 6502

Tadros86

At least I'm not the only person with this problem. I thought I was losing my mind. Aren't they supposedly fixing this in iOS 6.1 though? I really hope so. It's such a stupid problem that literally makes no sense.

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, with 6.0.1 soon I hope.
    I just happened to me an hour ago again. I connected to an open wifi, and while it worked very fast for a minute or 2 then it stop completely getting any data.