Strange: "Your SIM sent a text Message"

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by itwasntme, Sep 4, 2008.

1. itwasntme macrumors newbie

The message from the screen captors below keeps appearing on my 3G iPhone when I haven't been sending any text messages....

Is the phone sending info back to Apple or something? Dose anyone know if this is normal or is it happening to them?

Should I be worried about this?

[​IMG]

2. NeoMayhem macrumors 6502a

3. hanschien macrumors 6502

hanschien

I found this by doing a bit of Google'ing
    http://forums.mactalk.com.au/54/561...ssage-appears-iphone-after-inserting-sim.html

4. itwasntme thread starter macrumors newbie

Hey, thanks for the information. What is suggested in the other threads makes since and it is nice to no I'm not the other one experiencing this.

However I don't seem to have the option to turn off the SIM backup to the optus network, and the are charging me for the text messages that I don't want to send... Not very happy with optus.

[​IMG]

5. Nikki S macrumors newbie

I kept getting these messages on my and my boyfriends iPhones for the first couple of days they were activated.
    I kept declining them and they kept coming. So i accepted it and they stopped. I guess i agreed to SIM backup from Optus aswell.
    Maybe try ringing them??