Strangest boot loop EVAR on 4.1 w/ 06.15.00 baseband

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by LongbowFoSho, Mar 1, 2011.

1. LongbowFoSho, Mar 1, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2011

LongbowFoSho macrumors member

I sold a 3G back in December that was JB & UL on 4.1 w/ the iPad baseband. I told them NOT to restore it with iTunes. Less than 24 hours later, they did it anyway. So, I bought the phone back from them for $50 and sold them another one. It was stuck in the recovery boot loop and I didn't have time to mess with it. Its been sitting in a drawer until now when I decided to try undo their mess.

So, here's what I have and what I've done:

3G on 4.1 w/ iPad baseband

I've tried:

- Entered Pwned DFU mode w/ redsn0w and restored to a custom 4.1 IPSW that I downloaded from somewhere over a month ago. This gave me a boot loop with a black and white pineapple instead of recovery mode, so I looked at it as progress.

- Decided to try to do a hard reset by holding down Home & Power for 30 seconds, and now its stuck on THIS:

[​IMG]

Note that iTunes recognizes the phone as being in Recovery Mode and shows up in TU as well.

Ignoring the fact that I'm being taunted by a foreign caricature of Steve Jobs, what should I do next? TSS restore to the custom IPSW?

EDIT: Also note that I'm not getting any errors during the restore, either.

2. LongbowFoSho thread starter macrumors member

I just realized I put this in the wrong section. Move me, plzzzz

3. Synergie macrumors 6502a

4. LongbowFoSho thread starter macrumors member

So, basically it means nothing and I'm still stuck with a looping paperweight. Awesome.

Strange that sometimes I get normal recovery mode and then the Pwnage version.

I hate this phone.