Strangest dreams you still remember

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by wrldwzrd89, Feb 24, 2010.

1. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I've had many, many strange dreams. The two I remember best, though:

Time: Yesterday - Today (as of this posting)
    Subject: Small Shop, Big Inventory; Small Prices, Big Satisfaction
    Body: Me and my parents were in a small shop that sold all sorts of things. Most of the stuff sold wasn't on display, since there wasn't enough room for it. However, we did find some unusual items that were on display we ended up purchasing. One was a dual-screen TV that had 2 remotes: One for changing channels, and the other for adjusting the TV's position. The other item was an aging 1U server that looked like it could very well be an Apple Xserve, but any writing on it was illegible.

Time: Various, kept repeating over 60 days, about 30 times
    Subject: The School Bus
    Body: Me and some others were waiting at the school bus stop for the school bus to come pick us up. After about 1 minute of waiting, it arrived... but did not stop for us. Instead, it took an abrupt right turn after passing us, going off the road and into a wooded area, then disappeared.

2. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Just woke up from this one (well an hour ago);

I was visiting my grandma at the old peoples home. My family and girlfriend were there, and so was a friend of mine. He just launched at me with a knife and said something about "this was always going to happen". There was a flash outside and everyone got knocked out.
    I came to before everyone else. The whole building was okay and everyone was in this light blue goo as if it had filled the building, there wasn't a sound. Could still breathe though and swam around inspecting people. Everyone was still alive in the same area where they had been knocked out.
    I couldn't look outside because my eyes were readjusting but it was very bright still. I tried to open a window but the goo had a thick skin around it. I tried to take my friends knife but he jolted and woke up! He said that we're waking up because the oxygen in the goo is running out. I pierced the skin and the whole building drained outside. People started to wake up.
    My grandma (who is suffering from Alzheimers) was a few years younger and had regained her memory. Me and my girlfriend were stronger. The goo had regenerated us and made us stronger, more agile as if we had been working out during the sleep.
    We headed outside into a wasteland. Nobody was sure how much time had passed. My friend said the knife was to cull people before the flash happened, so the protective goo would have more oxygen for the younger survivors, and then he left.
    Large, collected pools of water had black sludge in them which stretched up where they joined onto blue/black orbs in the sky. These constructs jetted up into the clouds.
    My grandparents decided to stay near the building and the younger folk headed off. Then I woke up :mad:.

3. mousouchop macrumors 6502a

mousouchop

--I find myself riding through a countryside, soaring through rolling hills of lush green grass, and beautiful fields. I look down to discover I am riding a Big Wheel (plastic tricycles of yore, haha), and a pair of arms clutching my stomach. I turn to get a glimpse of my passenger, and recognize the sweet face of an old friend, Bettina.

Suddenly, without realizing why, I come to a complete stop. Confused, I look around and find myself peering down a steep, monstrous drop-off called "Suicide Hill" (I actually have a hill *nicknamed* this in my town). "This 'hill' is more akin to a cliff," I scoff in my head. At the bottom of the hill the ground is littered with the wreckage of previous cyclists... The sight was like a junkyard-- a graveyard-- of those who had tried to make the perilous feat, and had failed.

Ignoring the obvious doom, we push off and go flying down the hill. The bike beneath us accelerates faster, and faster. We are nearly at the bottom, but the bicycle is speeding beyond its means. The wheels begin to shutter and Bettina and I are thrown from the bike.

I come to, face down in dirt. Standing up, I begin brushing dust and debris from my clothes and turn to see Bettina doing the same. Checking for injury, I lift my arms and legs, and turn my head from side to side; "Is anything broken?" I think to myself. Grabbing my wrist to feel for my watch, I clutch the metal band and turn it to see the time; In the center of the face there is a stone deeply embedded; the rest of the glass surrounding the stone remains smooth and intact-- perfect. (No idea why this detail was in there...)

Out of the corner of my eye, I see movement. I whip around and see an old woman peering out of a door. I step back and see what seems to be an entire house built into the side of the hill flanking the road; two stories with dutch style exterior and pane windows.

Holding a candle for light, the old woman invites us into a dark foyer, and continues into the house. She begins leading us through a catacomb of unlit corridors, each lined with doorways on either side, hundreds of them. Every door is ajar, and leads only to a tiny room with no light or furniture; just empty cells.

I stray from the group, dropping behind just slightly, to get a closer look into one of these mysterious rooms; "Why not turn on some damn lights," I say to myself. Cautiously, I reach my hand around the door frame to search for a light switch. Skimming my hand blindly over the stucco walls, I feel my hand stop.

Aha! My fingers grasp around a familiar shaped lever; I flick it up with an accustomed "snap"--

--AND I WOKE UP! Ugh.

Hahaha.

I have others... they are stranger. Maybe I will take the time to type another later. :p

4. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

my weirdest one

the dialogue was in german but there were english subtitles, the actual action part I dont recall , all i remember waking up laughing about having a dream with subtitles.

5. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

I always have the same dream when I have a fever, ever since when I was a kid.

I'm in a subway station and a subway is coming, suddenly, I have this falling feeling into the tunnel. :(

6. mscriv macrumors 601

mscriv

I have the standard falling dream just like a lot of people, but insted of waking up before I hit I always wake up just after. I see my body slam into the ground and then begin to bounce, then with a jerk, I wake up.

My strangest childhood dream is me swimming in the ocean and a shark comes up to bite me. Just before it chomps down a copper statue of Abraham Lincoln floats by and shark mistakenly bites it instead. The metal shatters the sharks teeth and it quickly swims away wimpering just like in a cartoon.

Strange huh? I don't question it, I know it's messed up. :eek:

7. dmmcintyre3 macrumors 68020

7 kittens, each identical were running around my house. They all looked like a mini version of my orange cat
    [​IMG]
    and acted just like him. They were so hard to catch though when it was time to lock them up for the night.

Now why will this not post? Maybe it will in safari

8. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Learning to fly and discovering I can breathe underwater are the ones that stick with me the most. I have them often. I should probably look up the interpretation.

9. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

For a while, I used the nicotine patch to quit smoking. A side-effect was crazy vivid dreams. I started writing them all down, 1,2,3 pages long. Filled half a notebook. Made a list of all the dreams, then started making photographs based on them...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There are a lot more available online at: http://www.andybloxham.com/2008/photography/beta.shtml/

10. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

This is no joke. I used them while overseas and put them on before bed purposefully because of this. For some reason the warnings suggested not doing this...

I had a friend that compared it to the hallucinations you have while on LSD.

Awesome photography by the way.

11. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

12. KeriJane macrumors 6502a

KeriJane

My dream's maybe not so strange but it was a very long time ago.
    And I remember it like it was just now.

At the time, I was eight.
    It was about my wedding in the far off future of oh maybe 19 or so..
    To the boy next door.

The dream accurately predicted his appearance ten or so years in advance!
    I can still smell the flowers and remember the green and white of the arch.
    I've never been as happy as I was in that dream. It was P E R F E C T in every way.
    Unfortunately, it never happened.:( Decades later, it remains stuck in my memory. I can revisit it anytime I want or sometimes even if I don't.

I also had an odd daydream in High School once.

It was like I was on the other side of a mirror. I looked through the mirror and saw into a room. I could see a very old but still very sharp and active old lady who I instantly recognized as me. She (old me) was talking to someone off to her left that was outside of my range of view.
    Quite suddenly, she said "excuse me a moment" to the person I couldn't see, turned to the mirror, looked me in the eye and said "JUST DO IT!". She then gave me a look like I was some sort of idiot and returned to her conversation.

So, I did "just do it". Yay! :):D:) I was right all along!

I guess I'm one of the lucky few that got to go back in time and tell myself something important. :D She (old me) was right! ;) Giving myself "that look" was EXACTLY the right thing to do.

Since then I've had a lot more confidence in my convictions.

I wonder if this means that I'm bound to live a very, very long and happy life? Logically I should because of my apparent age (a hundred? maybe a lot more?) and because I somehow mastered time travel over many decades to give myself advice.

Lots of fun and exciting dreams over here,
    Keri

PS. Mirrors are NOT TO BE TRUSTED! They are NOT simple reflectors that accurately deflect photons. They are actually complex interdimensional gateways that can cause all manner of mischief. STAY AWAY! :)

13. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

That's funny. Do you speak german?

14. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

Those are great! I love the idea of putting the dreams into photographs too.

I've had a lot of weird dreams and some inspire me to talk in my sleep. Sometimes my husband asks me in the morning what I was dreaming about. One time he heard the words: "No more boys!" come out of my mouth in the most sad voice. What I was actually dreaming about was going to a little farm to buy a special breed of ducks that were coloured pink for girls and blue for boys. The little ducklings were adorable but just as I got there they sold the last boy. Not liking pink, I was very disappointed. Thus, "No more boys! :( "

Yeah, I have no idea. Sometimes I dream utter filth, then other times I dream like a little kid.

I have one reoccurring thing in many of my dreams where I learned to float (not quite fly, sort of like swimming in mid air) to get away from danger. I've dreamt this since I can remember. When I was about 5 or 6 had to learn that dream skills don't adapt so well in reality when I tried to launch up from the sofa. Ah well, can't blame a girl for trying.

15. bmacir macrumors 6502

I too had some "floating" dreams, but I can still vividly remember this one I had when I was 20 or so, and I was flying in the sky. While I was flying I was as happy as ever and I could go as fast and in every direction I wanted. The best part is that I could not feel my body, it's difficult to put into words, but I had the strongest feeling of happiness and joy and I felt like I was a light source dissociated from my body that could soar in the air at will. Needless to say, it was the coolest dream I ever had!

The weirdest dream I remember is the one where I woke up (in my dream), and at first I thought I could not open my eyes, then I realize I can but it's dark and I can't "use" my body...so I try very hard to focus and try to move my legs, my arms but I can't so I start to get worried and I then realize that my body is just lying there, I know it's there on my bed but I have no control over it, it's still sleeping although my brain or part of it is awake. I am only able to open my eyes and look around, then I rationally decide to just fall asleep again, since there was nothing I could do. When I eventually woke up again the first thing I did was to move my arms and legs very slowly so to know that I was in control again and then I touched my legs and my face to see if everything was still there. It was very weird.

16. Elixer macrumors regular

I have tons since I keep a dream log, but this one is short and to the point.

I felt a crawling sensation in my hand, looked down to investigate. I slowly turned my hand over to see a skinny white worm protruding out of my palm. Without thought I pulled it out and threw it to the ground. That was a horrible mistake... worms came running out of my hands like water out of a faucet. I tried to stop them from pouring out but I couldn't.

That is one of my creepy dreams.

17. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

yes I do. that was part of the funny part, the subtitles were not quite correct translations of the dialogue.

18. happyfrappy macrumors 6502

Strange dreams hmm the top 4 which come to mind... *cues The 5, 6, 7, 8's WooHoo tune*

--Dreamed I lived in a Frenchie-Canadian town and couldn't read anything like signs/boxes/newspapers/etc... yet in real life I had to learn English & French :eek:

--In a grocery store and every tea box is either the horrible Lipton or Tetley tea :(

--Dream which involved living in redneck USA, people talking like Larry The Cable Guy and every TV station has 24/7 redneck racing(NASCAR) *cringes*

--Every tech support call to Apple I make is routed to an American call center (in real life, each time I call tech support I get support staff from somewhere in Ontario, Canada... in the last 10 years or so I've only talked to an American from California once!)

19. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

Wow, same here. I'll be making videos years from now based on my own. Most involve being involved in a war, sometimes fictional wars, and almost all involve firearms...yeah.

So why not write about one now? Here goes.

Out of nowhere I'm simply watching a squad of, what I can only describe as, Vietnam Era American soldiers walking through a field of some sort of stalk, not corn and not bamboo. They come to a clearing where there is a very very old greenhouse, all of the windows are gone and it is enveloped by over growth. Several soldiers carrying AK47's storm the Americans, and I rush to the greenhouse where there are three soldiers hiding. Two are firing under cover behind two separate barrels or boxes, but are dispatched either by me or my squad. Behind another box or barrel is a man propped up and frightened. Although he looks exactly like the soldiers, though unarmed. Perhaps that's why I or the squad didn't kill him.
    Suddenly, I don't know how, I'm seeing the world from his point of view. A soldier standing over me says something almost humorous that lightens the mood, before telling me a certain man is looking for me. I walk to the center of the clearing where the man in charge is speaking with a subordinate. The man that was standing above me says "here he is".
    The Commanding Officer never makes eye contact with me. He's resting his weapon on his shoulder with one hand and holding a clip board or large folded paper with the other and utters something about their mission.
    We're led down a path through the stalks again until we come across a house on the side of the path. Very old, wood, not even one bedroom, probably only used as a halfway between the greenhouses and the owner's home.
    We clear the house and I walk into the largest area. The house is empty and without utilities and rotting. As minimalist and utilitarian as it gets. For some reason, don't even ask, I walk over to a small niche in which is set a sink with a counter top, less than a meter wide in all. Upon the counter is a melon, it's a solid dark green. I grab hold of the melon and suddenly the house is stormed with enemy soldiers as I realize I'm the last one in the house. I rush across the doorway, staying within the same room, to hide on the other side as I see some soldiers enter through a door with a glass window on the upper half. They take up defensive positions by the front windows before one enters the room I am in.
    The soldier inspects the place, but does not turn my direction, and leaves.
    Adrenaline peaking, I tell myself I have to at least TRY to escape, but to reach the back door I have to pass the doorway...that I passed once before for no apparent reason. I finally sneak over to the door and outside of the window on that door, I can see my squad.
    The squad is pulling a red pickup truck, as small as a Nissan, from what I guess was a car overhang beside the house. One of the men, a black man of age, gestures for me to hurry quietly. I run to the truck and jump into the bed and rest my back against the cab and the melon next to me. They push the truck until it is far enough to start without alerting the combatants in the home.
    Almost like a movie, it cuts to us riding in the pickup through the jungle of high grass. I'm facing back and keeping both eyes wide open for any enemy movement. I suddenly see something move and turn stand up in the truck and turn to the cab. The cab has no roof, it's apparently been modified to be more practical in some way. I ORDER the man in the passenger seat for a weapon. "Give me a weapon...I NEED a weapon!", but the man says I'll be fine, then I tell him I don't enter situations like this without my own weapon. I turn completely around, checking the jungle again. There are men riding on the hood, somehow, riding on the walls of the bed and two are sitting on the bumper.
    Finally I turn back as the passenger hands me a Beretta M9. I ensure the pistol is ready and turn JUST as I see a man walking in the jungle alongside the truck, probably seven meters away. He is facing forward and walking at a leisurely pace, matching the truck's speed. I immediately take aim, but realize that he's not carrying an AK47, but an American AR. I hear a limb cracking on the other side of the truck and turn and point my pistol at yet another American. Confused, the older black man finally assures me that they are with us. I see ahead that there is a very small clearing, probably made by the farmer to enable him to turn the truck around, that the soldiers have converged and are waiting on us. The truck slowly accelerates to make it to the camp site.
    At this site, I see somebody who is apparently familiar because I walk straight to him and immediately tell him either of why I was in the jungle or about some secret plan by the enemies or my own, before I hand him a tightly folded paper, much like a large state map.

For some reason, I knew all along that I had imperative information. As well, this is the first and only dream I've had in which there were cuts, like a movie.
    I suppose it could be worse...at least I'm not Salvador Dalí :eek:

20. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

Yes! War themes happen a LOT in my nicotine dreams, too. In addition, there's an overwhelmingly violent or implied violence in the dreams. Or, they are awkwardly unconventional sexual issues. Never both combined, though.

And mine are almost always cut like films.

21. MacRy macrumors 68040

MacRy

LOL. I had something similar. I once had a really exciting dream with a proper complicated plot one night. It was like being in a movie....so much so that at the end of the dream I had actual credits rolling. The worst bit though was that I didn't appear in the credits! How tragic is that! My own bloody dream and I not ony didn't get star billing but I wasn't even mentioned. Says something about my self esteem and psyche eh! :rolleyes:

I would say one of my oddest dreams was that I was Will Smith and I was being chased through a block of flats whilst wearing high heels and stockings. I can't even begin to explain that one and i'm not sure I even want to.

22. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

Hm, maybe certain chemicals come with dream editing software. Have you recently consumed spoiled milk or milk product?

Hm, never had a sex-related dream, but my most common are guns and being IN video games in the place of the first-person character.

23. barkomatic macrumors 68040

In high school, I had a dream about my family winning the lottery. For some reason, in the same dream I also kept seeing my locker at high school. The number was 226 and I remember going back and forth to my locker and reading the number.

A week later, my Mom got all the numbers except for two--which meant she only won $100. They were 22 and 6. I told my Mom about the dream and she said that if I ever dreamt of numbers again she'll buy all possible ticket combinations. lol

24. MrCheeto macrumors 68030

MrCheeto

And if the numbers were different, you wouldn't think a thing about it. Humans are so susceptible to the idea of being "special". I'm not saying you were trying to say something to convince us you were the golden child, hah, it has nothing to do with YOU. We only pay attention to the unlikely correlations in life and forget the BILLION non-correlations. I check the clock one-hundred times a day, yet when I see a certain four-digit number I always think "woah, I'm lucky" when in fact I just happen to be just about ready for lunch at that time and let's not forget the ninety-nine other numbers that I probably also see.

It's like firing a shotgun into a bowl of M&M's. "Woah I hit a blue one, just like my grandmothers dying words said I would!" *"Yeah, but the shot also spread and hit a red one, a yellow one and a green one, so the chances were not unlikely."

When a sports team loses a game, do they blame their god? I mean if he makes them win then that means he's at fault when they lose...right?

If I pray that I don't have an automobile accident and I don't, did something really respond to my prayers or did I just have another typical day wherein I don't crash and die? What if I did crash, would I use common sense and then understand that either a. there is nothing receiving my prayers or b. whatever is receiving my prayers doesn't give a damn? If I died I wouldn't be able to tell anybody that I prayed I wouldn't die, yet I did...so it leaves nothing to form a case against the idea...

Sorry, but "faith" really gets to me as the greatest negative aspect of being sentient beings. I don't really feel the tradeoff is worth it until such kinks are worked out of human existence:p No matter how far we come, somebody will always think the earth is flat.

25. FrankieTDouglas macrumors 65816

But what if the numbers were 4 8 15 16 23 42?