Strap not latching!

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by meikdunj, May 28, 2015.

1. meikdunj macrumors member

Received the white 42mm strap I ordered a 4 weeks ago. The short side of the strap does not click into place! Really annoying after waiting so long for it. Has anyone else had this problem? The long side latches no problem. I even tried some silicon spray to see if this would loosen up the mechanism. Will take it into the Apple Store tomorrow.

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Tried putting the long side in the issue side to see if it's the body or strap that's the issue?

3. meikdunj thread starter macrumors member

Body is ok as my black strap latches no problem.

4. iEric007 macrumors regular

iEric007

Don't worry about it; a few have had the same problem. They'll just swap the band out at the Apple Store or order you a new band (if they're not stocking it right now) and call you in once they receive it to swap it out. I had the same problem with the classic buckle band I received on Day 1 (4/24) and it was easily fixed.

5. Defender2010 macrumors 68030

Defender2010

6. iamasmith macrumors regular

iamasmith

My Green Sport Strap did this when it turned up (the classic leather buckle pops in easily).

On mine it seemed there was a little resistance to the pin moving, possibly caused by the steel pin rubbing against elastomer rather than steel against steel with the leather band.

I found that if I popped the strap into position, then pushed the eject buttons a couple of times it locked into place nicely and over a period of time I could pop the strap on and not have to do this.

I do check that I have a good positive lock when I'm using this band every time now.

I'm just wondering if this is actually because the strap is such a tight fit in the steel watch and compressing the elastomer might start pinching at the pin.

7. srshaw macrumors 6502

My classic buckcle seemed relectant to click properly into place, it could slide out in one direction. Usually shoving it in from the other direction allows it to click properly into place and lock in both directions.

8. wesk702 macrumors 68000

wesk702

Its not upside down is it?
    Which way is the concave side facing?