Strap not latching!

meikdunj

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 21, 2015
Received the white 42mm strap I ordered a 4 weeks ago. The short side of the strap does not click into place! Really annoying after waiting so long for it. Has anyone else had this problem? The long side latches no problem. I even tried some silicon spray to see if this would loosen up the mechanism. Will take it into the Apple Store tomorrow.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Tried putting the long side in the issue side to see if it's the body or strap that's the issue?

iEric007

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2007
Orange County, California
Received the white 42mm strap I ordered a 4 weeks ago. The short side of the strap does not click into place! Really annoying after waiting so long for it. Has anyone else had this problem? The long side latches no problem. I even tried some silicon spray to see if this would loosen up the mechanism. Will take it into the Apple Store tomorrow.
Don't worry about it; a few have had the same problem. They'll just swap the band out at the Apple Store or order you a new band (if they're not stocking it right now) and call you in once they receive it to swap it out. I had the same problem with the classic buckle band I received on Day 1 (4/24) and it was easily fixed.

iamasmith

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2015
Cheshire, UK
My Green Sport Strap did this when it turned up (the classic leather buckle pops in easily).

On mine it seemed there was a little resistance to the pin moving, possibly caused by the steel pin rubbing against elastomer rather than steel against steel with the leather band.

I found that if I popped the strap into position, then pushed the eject buttons a couple of times it locked into place nicely and over a period of time I could pop the strap on and not have to do this.

I do check that I have a good positive lock when I'm using this band every time now.

I'm just wondering if this is actually because the strap is such a tight fit in the steel watch and compressing the elastomer might start pinching at the pin.

srshaw

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2011
My classic buckcle seemed relectant to click properly into place, it could slide out in one direction. Usually shoving it in from the other direction allows it to click properly into place and lock in both directions.

wesk702

macrumors 68000
Jul 7, 2007
The hood
Its not upside down is it?
Which way is the concave side facing?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.