Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pinksteady

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 19, 2008
£140 for the leather loop. I don't care how many monks have blessed the cows that this came from, I can't bring myself to spend that. This is taking the Apple tax to a new level surely?

I have a strong feeling that the 3rd party strap market is going to BOOM for this product.

kingofwale

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2010
£140 for the leather loop. I don't care how many monks have blessed the cows that this came from, I can't bring myself to spend that. This is taking the Apple tax to a new level surely?

I have a strong feeling that the 3rd party strap market is going to BOOM for this product.

to be honest, I wouldn't even pay 70 bucks for a leather strap, much less whatever they are charging for it.

Apple tax on those are at an all-time ridiculous.

Definitely waiting for third party straps. especially for a link bracelet.

Pinksteady

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 19, 2008
to be honest, I wouldn't even pay 70 bucks for a leather strap, much less whatever they are charging for it.

Apple tax on those are at an all-time ridiculous.

Definitely waiting for third party straps. especially for a link bracelet.

It does make you wonder about whether the watch is subject to even more margins than usual so Apple can position it as 'premium'. I think we may now witnessed a new level of Apple tax - the Apple Watch Tax.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.