Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DdDr2

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2016
any recs for a strap for the 38 that is light weight and thin ? My sport band gets really sweaty and sticky underneath with our temperatures finally raising. I wouldn't mind a skinner band too.

ftlum

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2011
I'm testing out a 3rd party Milanese loop to see how hot it is, myself. With the mesh, I'm hopeful it'll breathe better than my other bands. It's definitely light weight but I am a little worried about it tearing off (I've seen several pictures of this). I think these 3rd party ones all have the same issues-- magnet catches on the outside, hair can get pulled, band can catch on clothes, black ML paint will come off, but for $12, if I like it, I'll buy the real thing.

DdDr2

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2016
I wanted the nylon. But the shipping times are annoying me. So I figured I'd see if there was a different brand strap out there.

Thai

Suspended
Feb 2, 2016
Colorado
I wanted the nylon. But the shipping times are annoying me. So I figured I'd see if there was a different brand strap out there.

Have you tried just going to your local Apple store and see if they have what you want?

DdDr2

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2016
Have you tried just going to your local Apple store and see if they have what you want?
Yes I have. Nothing appealed to me. They mainly had sport bands and some leather straps. No nylons in the store The mesh one isn't really a everyday look to me and I tried my mom's and felt a bit too heavy for my liking.

gigaguy

macrumors 65816
Apr 19, 2010
USA
I love my Monowear Nylon, super quality. 2x thicker than the Apple nylons. They cost more than Apple's tho, $59.
Best Buy and Target sells it. comes in 5-6 colors. I have the Olive which looks like Army Green. Gotten a lot of compliments on the band, more than on the watch..

nicho

macrumors 601
Feb 15, 2008
Yes I have. Nothing appealed to me. They mainly had sport bands and some leather straps. No nylons in the store The mesh one isn't really a everyday look to me and I tried my mom's and felt a bit too heavy for my liking.

that's odd because until the nylon bands came out the milanese loop was the lightest band available...

ladytonya

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2008
I have seen a lot of reports on here that the shipping times aren't really accurate, a few people have ordered with it saying 3 - 4 weeks and have received them in days. From everything I read it sounds like as soon as have some extra cash the nylon is what I will get. It's thinner, lighter, and doesn't collect sweat like the sport band! I just wish we had an Apple Store closer than almost 2 hours away...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.