Strategies/experiences from malls that don't let you camp out?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ddngo, Sep 18, 2014.

1. ddngo macrumors newbie

A mall nearby where I live does not let you camp out until 5 am. You can't park in the parking lot overnight either.

From 5 am, the line always forms at the same entrance (which is the main entrance). Having never waited at that mall before - what do people usually do when they can't camp out?

Anyone have any tips or strategies from experience?

I am worried about people running to the door at 5am from everywhere and there not being any fair line for those who've waited since the night before.

I want to avoid a mad stampede to the door when 5am hits and me potentially losing my spot by random people who are faster and who have showed up later.

What do people do in such situations? Any experiences? Or do you really just run and hope for the best?

2. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

You can call the mall security and find out where you can camp (if you want) over night.

I'm near a Westfield mall here. They don't let people camp onsite. And it is an outdoor mall. So people gather just right outside the mall and formed a line. The Apple store people can and will tell you where people begin to lined from prior year.

Apple knows for sure at least this Westfield mall because they fed us last year. Not fancy food but something something and coffee/water. Which is nice of them to do that.

BTW Wozniak was in line with us last year. I don't know why he needs to wait in line if you ask me. I would think he has a good connection to the Apple executives.

Ask nicely. Good luck.