Strategies for getting iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bodhi395, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Bodhi395 macrumors 6502a

What are some peoples strategies for getting an iPhone 4 in the next week or two if you haven't preordered?

2. bmms8 macrumors 68020

i would say waiting in line would be your best bet..

3. prospereagle92 macrumors regular

Standing in line seems like the obvious answer?

edit: bmms8 you beat me to the punch hahah

4. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

Pretty much the only strategy.

5. duction macrumors 6502a

duction

i pre orderd on the 2nd day of pre order release as on the first day they fuct my order up and i had to find more funds to buy another £600 quid phone lol. so yea im pissed but like the other guy said, que in line or steal one.. sup to you ;p

but really dont steal. karmas a bitch :p

6. tbobmccoy macrumors 6502a

tbobmccoy

I'm also willing to separate myself from my black 32gb reserved iPhone for 10,000 USD ;)

Standing in an Apple Store line is actually your best bet. AT&T, Best Buy, Wal-Mart, Radio Shack will be subject to a much more restricted supply.

7. c2006 macrumors member

There are a lot of stories and pictures surfacing of the phone already arriving at Walmart. You could steal it from them. If you pick the right state, you could do it with one of their own guns too.

8. Bodhi395 thread starter macrumors 6502a

You guys have no imagination I guess. I was hoping for some better strategy than standing in line.

I think targeting the third party stores(Best Buy, Radio Shack, Walmart) seems the best strategy. I think maybe chatting up a saleperson who will know when a new shipment is coming in and having him make sure he calls you when it does seems like a plan. Maybe finding the most out of the way Radio Shack in a strip mall somewhere might be good, and stopping by every few days to see if they happened to have an iphone sitting around.

Another thing is I know when I got my 3g, ATT store had a list you could sign up for that would order an iphone for you and then call you when it came in. It took me two weeks to get my phone that way, but it eventually worked. I don't know if they are doing something similar this time.