Strava

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by WordMasterRice, Jul 21, 2014.

1. WordMasterRice macrumors 6502a

As of Beta 4 and the recent Strava update is anyones app not crashing immediately after launch?

2. farpa macrumors newbie

3. cbseven macrumors newbie

Beta 4, iPhone 5. App crashes immediately after launch. With beta 1 I was able to solve many crashing issues by putting device in airplane mode before launch, but that workaround does not work for this crash. Issue duplicated on iPad Air running beta 4.

4. floody macrumors newbie

5. cbseven macrumors newbie

Have not yet discovered any type of workaround. Tried disabling everything that's available outside of the Strava app itself (notifications, cellular data usage, connection to Facebook, etc...) to no avail. App still crashes 1-2 seconds after application launch.

6. rdinterman macrumors member

rdinterman

Just don't if this was from B4 or the Strava update. They both happened at the same time. I tried all combinations go on/off and even deleted and reloaded it.

7. chukwithak macrumors member

Anyone having this issue after the Strava update on the 21st?

8. hutchej macrumors newbie

hutchej

9. zoonyx macrumors 6502

Just a quick bump.

I am aware of all the 'it's beta' stuff - I'm not moaning, just asking for help...

Strava is still dead on startup. Anyone found a workaround yet? I am stuck on ios8 now - it seems downgrading to ios7 works, but even my old ios7 backup fails with 'cannot restore backup'.

Alternatively, does anyone know of an app that creates .GPX files compatible with manual upload to strava afterwards (from a computer later)?

10. kring macrumors regular

kring

Strava is aware of the issue and working to fix for the next release per Strava's support site... however don't expect that anytime soon. they just released a few days ago the new version that broke (prior version worked fine on Beta 4)

Best guess is 1 month away.

11. wx4olf macrumors regular

wx4olf

Since the 4.x version of Strava doesn't work with iOS 8 I reinstalled version 3.8 of Strava Run from my purchased apps list and it works just fine. Used it on a run last night.

12. punger1165 macrumors newbie

Yah, the wahoo fitness app can upload directly to strava

13. jaknudsen macrumors member

jaknudsen

The latest version of Strava doesn't work for me either. A tip is to use http://tapiriik.com to sync activities between workout services (Endomondo works in iOS8).

14. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

15. zoonyx macrumors 6502

Firstly - thanks very much!

Used the wahoo fitness app. Was a bit worried it was going to force me to add sensors etc but easy enough to skip. I am tempted to keep using Wahoo purely because the live data screen is far far better than Strava itself - its basically a bike computer. That said, battery life does suffer a bit as a result.

But, as of iOS 8 Beta 5 + The latest version of Strava (released yesterday in UK store) - STRAVA WORKS!

Hooray.

16. papaya55 macrumors newbie

I confirm!
    Now Strava works again with Beta 5!!!

17. WordMasterRice thread starter macrumors 6502a

I'm with you actually. I am excited that strava works again, but having using Map My Ride the live data is great, certainly better than strava. After my ride I can still upload to strava anyway.

18. nws0291 macrumors 6502a

The Wahoo fitness app is the best. Get a RFLKT+ and the phone battery lasts a long time with the screen off. It also bridges ant+ devices if you already have some. http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2013/08/bluetooth-barometric-altimeter.html