Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LSarge

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2014
Has anyone tried Strava since they updated it. I cycle and for some reason I can not get the auto pause to work with my watch. I asked Strava on twitter and they never responded.

For the record, I have the nike+ watch.

Thanks!

JustMartin

macrumors 6502a
Feb 28, 2012
UK
I've got Nike Watch and have been using Strava for running since they untethered the app from the phone. It's getting better, but still has a some issues. I don't remember any problems with auto-pause.

LSarge

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 4, 2014
Running has worked well for me. It's just the cycling auto pause that doesn't.

Bob190

macrumors 6502
May 21, 2015
Has anyone tried Strava since they updated it. I cycle and for some reason I can not get the auto pause to work with my watch. I asked Strava on twitter and they never responded.

For the record, I have the nike+ watch.

Thanks!

I have tried it a few times on the bike and it worked OK for me. Strava is probably using GPS to auto pause when in cycling mode vs. the accelerometer when running. Using GPS for auto pause doesn't work well in lot of cases as you have noted, and that is likely because your speed isn't registering 0.00 even when stopped. That's why Garmin and others let you set a threshold like < 3.0 mph, etc. to engage auto pause.

I think Strava will eventually get it right, but they sure are taking their time.

RickG

macrumors regular
Feb 8, 2011
I have the watch app and its very glitchy - I hope strata gets working on a version that actually works

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.