Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mark2288

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 11, 2006
Of late, I have been getting random "streaks" across my screen when using my machine. The streaks do not go away when I minimize and maximize the program and they occur both on my MBP and on the external display I hook it up to. Check out the images I took with my camera to see what I'm talking about.

I have a Rev A MBP with the following graphics card:
Chipset Model: ATY,RadeonX1600
Type: Display
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 128 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x71c5
Revision ID: 0x0000
EFI Driver Version: 01.00.068

Has anyone had issues like this? Know what is causing it? Thanks!

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    539.8 KB · Views: 119
  • Picture 2.png
    Picture 2.png
    535.1 KB · Views: 125
  • Picture 3.png
    Picture 3.png
    583.8 KB · Views: 73

ryanws

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2008
Same Issues with new Dual Link DVI adaptor...

I am having the same issues with my new 17" MBP when hooking it up to my 30" ACD via a Dual Link DVI converter.

Are you using a converter as well? Is anyone else having this problem?

mark2288

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 11, 2006
I am having the same issues with my new 17" MBP when hooking it up to my 30" ACD via a Dual Link DVI converter.

Are you using a converter as well? Is anyone else having this problem?

I'm just hooking it up to the external using a DVI-DVI cable. No converters in the middle.

jjahshik32

macrumors 603
Sep 4, 2006
Is it doing it without connecting to an external display? If not then I wouldnt worry too much but if it is.. time to ship it to apple care.

mark2288

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 11, 2006
Is it doing it without connecting to an external display? If not then I wouldnt worry too much but if it is.. time to ship it to apple care.

It does it when:
- it is not connected to the external display
- when connected to the external display on the external display (I have it docked so the LCD on the MBP is off)

furunculo

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2009
I have exactly the same problem!

Hi, I just got today a brand new MacBook Pro 13' and I connect it to a DVI Dell 24 inch monitorand the same streaks you have popped up. I read in other threads that the problem seems to be of signal integrity on the small miniport to dvi adapter, though most of them appear if you have a dual link 30' panel (I guess the chance of interference goes up a lot). I don't have any issues on the laptop LCD panel, only in the external monitor.

How did you fix your problem?
Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.