Streaky Backlight

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MattZani, Aug 12, 2008.

1. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

I knew this was a problem, but my MBP JUST started showing it, as the attached pic shows. i was like OMFG NO! and sleeped it to get some food, and now its perfectly fine. I Know i have the worst monitor, but all seemed fine so far, until this. And it only happened for about 5 minutes...

So, i didnt read too into this when it was a hot topic, but what does it mean?

Attached Files:

2. johngardiner macrumors regular

Mine did this last night too!!!! Restarted and everything was fine.. scared the crap out of me though. anyone have any answers???

3. Insulin Junkie macrumors 65816

Insulin Junkie

I've seen similar threads on the subject with reports of it coming back now and again.

EDIT: I have the rocket Firefox theme too =)

4. James17 macrumors 6502

I've been told by Apple that it means the backlit is faulty and the only way to fix it long term it to have the LCD replaced. I am not accepting a repair for a brand new machine however.

5. MattZani thread starter macrumors 68030

MattZani

Well, i've been using it since i started this topic, and nothing, suppose i will have to wait until its an actual problem...

6. torgersende macrumors newbie

Time for a replacement

This MBP < 3 weeks old...

I got it too. Not happy

Attached Files:

7. PDE macrumors 68020

And Apple told me that it was a firmware issue that they'd address with a downloadable patch in the near future. This was in late May....luckily Amazon accepted my return even though it was past the 30 day return period.

I don't think Apple is addressing this issue either so I'd return it and get a new one. Not all of them have it - I've had this one I'm using since early June and no vertical columns or other issues, except two screen replacements ( backlighting unevenness and yellowing).