Stream A/V live from MacbookPro?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Wheelie4, Aug 27, 2008.

1. Wheelie4 macrumors regular

Wheelie4

I want to do a live show on Blogtv. I'll be using audio from iTunes or AOL Radio app. I'll be using earphones, built-in iSight and the built-in mic for video and talking. What I can't figure out is how to set it up were they can hear me talk through the built-in mic while at the same time hear the music (iTunes or AOL Radio) from the laptop. Any help is appreciated. I've tried camtwist with soundflower. Thanks. =]

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

3. Wheelie4 thread starter macrumors regular

Wheelie4

Not until u mentioned it, never heard of it. Tried it but couldnt do what I wanted with it. Thx for the suggestion though. :] Blogtv uses flash for live video broadcast and chat window (kinda like ustream live). I can do live video from my macbookpro's built-in iSight. I can talk to the people in chat throught my built-in mic ONLY just fine, OR I can also play music for them to hear from iTunes ONLY just fine. But I can not talk to them and play them music from my iTunes at same time, which is what I'm trying to do.

4. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Sorry, I don't have any more suggestions that might help.

5. Wheelie4 thread starter macrumors regular

Wheelie4

That's kewl, no need tp apologize. :) I appreciated the suggestion.

6. Wheelie4 thread starter macrumors regular

Wheelie4

Well, I figured out how to play my iTunes collection on Blogtv.com and use my built-in mic at the same time. I discovered this guide Broadcasting Audio to Ustream that discribed how to use Audio Hijack Pro to do it. But I'm having a problem with the sound muting. When the music becomes very soft (almost inaudible) and when the song changes from one to another the audio seems to mute for the viewers. It unmutes but only after about 10/15 seconds of no sound for the viewers causing them to miss moments or beginnings of some songs. Any idea how I can prevent the sound from muting during soft or quiet areas? Thx for any help. :)