Stream audio wirelessly from iPad to RCA input (not using remote app)

Discussion in 'iPad' started by spgapg, Nov 21, 2010.

1. spgapg macrumors newbie

I have an iPad 16gig. I can't find this answer so i'm posing my first post. here.

I'm trying to stream audio from my ipad directly/wireless to an RCA or 1/8" stereo mini input.

I know I can use the remote app on the iPad to control my computer/itunes which then connects wirelessly to an airport express to the stereo. that's not how i want to connect. i want to connect directly to the RCA/1/8" mini stereo jack in a stereo. i can not find out or figure out how to do it. surely someone has done this. how?

2. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

You can't wirelessly stream directly from an iPad to a wire. The wire won't support it as it can't pick up the wireless signal. You need something in between to capture the wireless signal and send it over the cord. That is where there Airport Express comes in. Am I missing something?

3. spgapg thread starter macrumors newbie

okay i do know that a wire can't accept a wireless signal all by itself. My questions is how do I wirelessly send audio from ipad to my stereo w/o using the "remote app"

i know i'm going to have to get the audio out of my ipad and into my stereo...i just need to know what i need to get...what wireless equipment will allow me to do what i want to do. forget the equipment/connectors I have. i just want to know what i need to get in order to wireless play itunes to a stereo w/o having to go through the computer that my ipad syncs with.

is there a bluetooth option? is there a 3rd party wireless equipment that sends/receives that i can connect to my ipad and the other part into my stereo?

4. spgapg thread starter macrumors newbie

also...the ipad cannot send audio wirelessly/directly to an airport express. that's the problem i'm having.

5. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

With iOS 4.2.1 you'll be able to send audio directly to the Airport Express. That's what Airplay is for (it can also send video to an AppleTV). The update should be out by the end of November. My guess is sometime this week though.

6. spgapg thread starter macrumors newbie

that's a beautiful thing....so it will work like my appleTV. I'm assuming the settings will be easy to figure out and set up?

7. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

Check out the iOS 4.2 preview page to catch a glimpse. Basically an icon will be in the default media player. Tap that and you get options where to send the audio/video. It'll also send video/audio to your AppleTV.

[​IMG]

8. spgapg thread starter macrumors newbie

awesome...thanks!!!!! can't wait!!!!