Stream iPad screen to tv?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mastercraft197, Jan 9, 2011.

1. mastercraft197 macrumors newbie

Does anyone know if you can stream your iPad or iPhone screen to the tv. I need to see all actions that take place not just certain apps like the cable only allows.

2. Resist macrumors 68030

You can do this, if you have the latest Apple TV via airplay.

3. notjustjay macrumors 603

notjustjay

AirPlay only streams certain video content. It sounds like the OP wants to do a mirror of the entire screen.

There's obviously some way to do this since this is what Steve Jobs does at every keynote, though I've heard that the iPad he uses might have special hardware to enable it. It's not possible with regular software, but it might be possible with a jailbroken iPad.

4. Stetrain macrumors 68040

At the moment you have to jailbreak in order to always show what's on the screen via the video out cable.

5. Resist macrumors 68030

Oh sorry, I misread the post.

I don't see any point though in having the iPad's screen on a TV, when it's screen is big enough and right in front of you.

6. DuckSoup macrumors 6502a

DuckSoup

One possible point in having it on a TV screen is for presentations. Just like you can with computers.

With iPads being used in many facets of the business environs, I can easily see a need to be able to present what is on the iPads screen onto a television or projected image.