Stream iphone compatible videos over wifi or 3g?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by dukebound85, May 29, 2009.

1. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Any way to do this? I am able to record shows in eyetv and stream them to my iphone. Anyways to apply this to iphone movies I have created on my hdd?

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

You can do that with EyeTV stuff? I want to know!

Onto your question.
    I guess if I had to make a guess I would enable some sort of sharing between my iPhone and Mac via the web. I'd probably use Safari. I can do that locally on my own network and probably if you open some ports (that I would have no clue how to do) and firewall stuff then you can probably achieve this outside your local network.

3. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

oh yea with eyetv 3. you record your shows and then you access your recordings and can watch them n your phone. its really awesome.

eyetv can open .mp4 files and i made them open by default with eyetv and put them in the eyetv library but it didnt work
    can vlc do this? ill have to play around and try and figure this out

just hoping someone already knew

i just dont want to have to load the movie when i want to watch one in bed lol

4. dukebound85 thread starter macrumors P6

dukebound85

5. longdogs macrumors regular

As long as you want to play mp4 files, Air Video is what you want. It needs a small bit of software installed on your mac, and then it will stream straight to your iphone. Works very well. There's a free ad-supported version as well.