Stream iTunes music to iPhone 3GS?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by ericinboston, Sep 24, 2009.

1. ericinboston macrumors 68000

Hi all...I have searched these forums and haven't found this topic...I've also searched Google and found either dead links or articles that are 1.5 years old and may not apply...and I believe some articles/apps I read about did not take advantage of WIFI.

I am simply looking for an app that will allow me to stream my iTunes (version 9.x) music to my brand new iPhone 3GS...and have full or above-average control such as changing playlists/artists/songs.

Most of the time I will be on WIFI but maybe here and there on the ATT network.

Any ideas or URLs you can point me to?

Thanks!

-Eric

2. bigpatky macrumors regular

bigpatky

check out orb (they have a few versions) or simplify media 2. both are servers set up on your computer and stream music to your iphone.

3. MattWylde macrumors regular

I have been using Simplify Media 2 for months. It streams all of my music from my PC to my iPhone. This is great for me since I have a large library of music and cannot fit it all onto a 32GB iPhone. I also will use Pandora and Last.fm for alternate listening. Like all media that streams over the internet, you lose quality. The songs will not sound as clear and crisp as they do if you play the same songs through the ipod application on your phone. I suppose it is a compromise for having access to your entire library on the fly. You can also set up the Simplify Media software so that it shares not only with your iphone, but other computers as well. I've also found forum postings where users will give you their usernames so that you can add their library to your Simplify Media access list...now you've got your friends library on your iphone too!

I only wish that Simplify Media would stream video, podcasts, and audiobooks. Currently it only does music (they have a separate app for Photo sharing).

4. jive macrumors 6502a

I just downloaded Simplify Media 2 and I have to say it's amazing. I can't believe it, my iTunes is too big for any iPod and now I can have it all. Amazing.