Stream movies FROM iphone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by complexchi, Sep 3, 2010.

1. complexchi macrumors newbie

Is it possible to stream movies OFF a jailbroken iphone to a ipad or a macbookpro? I know it sounds weird is it possible?

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Yes is possible, you need to install a UPnP/DLNA media server, you can do manually (I don't recommend it, and I don't think there is any selfinstall App on the jail broken side) or you can install an Offical AppStore call MediaServer, they do the same thing, they install a UPnP/DLNA server running so you can use any client to read your media, (VLC on the mac, or the PS3, Xbox will pick it up). Now with the official app you are of curse limited to the user land of the File system so just Videos and Photos and music on your library will be available.

3. complexchi thread starter macrumors newbie

Awesome but what would i use on my ipad to watch something from the server? I got it working on my xbox but couldn't get VLC on the MBP to work. If i can get it working on the ipad that would rock.

4. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

Well once the server is running all you need is a client. Try Media Link

Note that was the first one that came out of a simple google search, there may be other/betters options, all you have too look for is UPnP/DLNA client

Edit:

You seen to have several options:

Media Link

PlugPlayer

AirPlayer