Stream music from personal cloud in the music player?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by davelarue, Nov 27, 2013.

1. davelarue macrumors newbie

Hi,
    I have alot of music which i would like to put on a cloud. With iphone's limited space capabilities, i would like some of my music playlists/albums to be located on a cloud.
    I know there are apps which can be used to stream from cloud, but i want everything to be in organized in the same music player. Same i guess with video's.
    Question is: Is this possible?

2. yinz macrumors 6502a

If you have money, anything is possible.

3. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I might suggest Google Play. I realize that's not the normal iTunes player on your iPhone, but Google actually released an iOS app for Play a few weeks back. It's free and there are also other Google Play apps free as well.

Google Play allows you to store up to 20,000 songs free and with an iOS app you can stream it directly to your iPhone. If you use iTunes on your Mac or PC you can automatically transfer your playlists up to Google Play and the Mac/PC app will automatically upload any new music that you put into iTunes in the background. The initial transfer of your library will take a while, but once it's up there you have access anywhere. Your phone, a computer (via web browser) or any other internet capable device. If you don't want to use a player you can still access Google Play via the browser on your iPhone.

Some Google Play apps (such as the free one by Google) also integrate with the iTunes Music controls so you can use those on the lockscreen to control playback. These apps will also display album art on the lockscreen.

I've used three of them. Melodies is a good one, gMusic is another (there is a version for iOS 6 and one for iOS 7) and the current one I use, which is the free Google player.

All of this has allowed me to keep my small (10GB+) collection of music off my iPhone while still having access to each and every song in my library.

Since I am jailbroken, I also have a a tweak installed that allows me to use the volume controls on the lockscreen to play/pause and skip forward and back.

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Google Play Music is awesome. I even subscribe to their monthly music service.