Stream music without having on your device iCloud,Dropbox,etc

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Boccaccio11, Apr 7, 2016.

1. Boccaccio11 macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 6s 16gb and would like to have access to music like the native music app. I tried uploading to iCloud and using the screen iCloud app. But it has to stay on. Any suggestions?

2. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

I use Google Play Music and their app. My entire iTunes library is up there and the app has lockscreen controls just like whatever music app the iPhone uses (I've never used the stock app because I don't put music on my iPhone).

3. Boccaccio11 thread starter macrumors newbie

You can load mp3s from your own "collection" and listen from ur cell?

4. eyoungren macrumors P6

eyoungren

Google has a System Preference pane for Mac that will monitor your iTunes library. Any new music added gets pushed to their cloud while any old music deleted removes it from the cloud. Same goes for playlists. I'm not really sure if it's an actual push of my MP3s (although it acts like it) or if Google Music isn't just matching what I have in my library with what's in their library. In any case I have over 9GB of music up there.

Something I should mention…I got an invite for Google Music back when it was in beta. I have never had to pay a dime for it so I'm not sure if I was simply grandfathered in or not, but I understand some people have to pay for the service. I have yet to run into any limitations other than Google's dropping support for PowerPC Mac.

2016-04-07 13.40.40.png 2016-04-07 13.43.55.png