Stream the iPhone's Video Feed

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by bunger, Sep 5, 2010.

1. bunger macrumors 6502

Can anyone recommend an app that would essentially turn the iPhone ( 4, in this case ) into a streaming web cam? I have read reviews of Camera A, Camera for IPad, HDCam, etc and they all get less-than-great reviews. I would like an app that will stream over wi-fi as opposed to being limited to bluetooth streaming.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

2. bunger thread starter macrumors 6502

No thoughts or experiences? I found iSpybot, but that doesn't do video streaming....

3. tempusfugit macrumors 65816

DisplayRecorder is only $5 and includes a web server you can enable/disable on the go which not only lets you transfer your screen recordings (in .avi) but also allows for a live view of the phone in a web interface. Actually works very well and looks pretty good too. I would definitely shell out the $5 on cydia for this one.

of course you must have a jailbroken iPhone to do this....

4. bunger thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm not jailbroken and wasn't really planning to...

5. coolings macrumors member

I have seen several celebrities use ustream.tv. I think there is an app in the appstore. I have never used though.

6. myMacRumors macrumors regular

Jailbreak is not needed. I used iPhone 3G (second generation) and an app called "Ustream Live Broadcaster" for birthday parties and special gatherings.

My setup(s) were laptop's webcam and iPhone......live recordings could be toggle between laptop's webcam and iPhone for the Ustream viewers.

http://www.ustream.tv/mobile

7. BUFFBOY macrumors regular

i dont understand how these apps work ..

so i download the app and leave my iphone sitting around the house and let it record ????