Stream to 2 x AirPlay devices at same time from iPhone/iPad/MBP?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Azzin, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Azzin macrumors 68040

Hey gurus,

As per title really, we've got a BBQ this weekend and I'd like to be able to stream (ideally Spotify) from either my iPhone, iPad or my MacBook Pro.

I know iTunes (11?) can do it, but I'd like to use other sources and stream direct to an Apple TV and a Panasonic SC-AP01.

Cheers all. :)

2. waw74 macrumors 68030

look at airfoil, it will let you pick a program on your mac, and send audio from that one program (or entire system audio) to one or multiple speakers all in sync with each other.
    using airplay adds about a 2 second delay, so if you hit pause, just wait a couple seconds.

the other option here is using the same program, you can also get the free airfoil speakers program. That will act as an airplay receiver. you can then use airfoil to stream that audio to multiple devices.
    (so iPhone --> airfoil speakers on mac (via airplay from iOS) --> airfoil running on same mac --> multiple airplay enable speakers or :apple:TV)
    there will be a several second delay here, (about 4-5) since each hop adds about 2 seconds

airfoil will also also basic control of several programs.
    I have some speakers with play/pause, skip, etc... when using airfoil those buttons will control the program on the mac.

all versions of iTunes can stream to multiple devices. (at least as far back as i can remember)