• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

harryajh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2012
I have a macbook pro running Snow Leopard 10.6.8 and reguarly watch videos in different web browsers e.g chrome, firefox and safari

I'd love to stream these videos to an xbox wirelessly so I can watch them on my TV. There seems to be lots of apps that allow you to stream video FILES etc... but is it possible to either stream a video from a web page or even see the web page on the TV?

thanks in advance (and hopefully posted in the right forum)

Nov 28, 2010
located
I don't know about streaming, but maybe this can help:

Maybe have a look at Advanced Search to find similar threads:

Comment

harryajh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2012
thanks for such rapid responses Guys but what I was hoping to do was to somehow stream a shockwave video that's playing in a web page to my xbox - can't see how any of these would do that?

It may be impossible

Comment

pdjudd

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2007
Plymouth, MN
thanks for such rapid responses Guys but what I was hoping to do was to somehow stream a shockwave video that's playing in a web page to my xbox - can't see how any of these would do that?

It may be impossible
Xbox doesn’t support shockwave so it won’t work. Xbox only supports a limited set of formats.

There is no web browser on Xbox.

Comment

harryajh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2012
Xbox doesn’t support shockwave so it won’t work. Xbox only supports a limited set of formats.

There is no web browser on Xbox.

thanks for that, at least I know now. looks like it's a cable to the back of the TV then - cheers!

Comment

jeremyshaw

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2011
Is it possible to AirPlay video stream a movie from a MacOSX computer via iTunes to an AppleTV? I don't know, just asking if anyone has done it before? I know music can do, but video?

Comment

marc11

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2011
NY USA
Is it possible to AirPlay video stream a movie from a MacOSX computer via iTunes to an AppleTV? I don't know, just asking if anyone has done it before? I know music can do, but video?

Yes from your iOS 5 device to apple tv also.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.